Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m talking about the black metal bracket thing attached to the manifold( I’m trying to remove manifold ). There are two long screws coming out of it.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
632 Posts
It's likely there a bolts underneath the metal bracket that need to be removed. Also, the studs (long screws as you refer to them) unscrew from the manifold. There should be a non-threaded area on them near the manifold that you can either put a wrench or locking pliers on. You might need to jack up the front end and remove the driver's side tire and shroud in order to get at the lower mounting bolt(s) for the bracket in question.

Good Luck!

Reactions: JohnTB2002

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's likely there a bolts underneath the metal bracket that need to be removed. Also, the studs (long screws as you refer to them) unscrew from the manifold. There should be a non-threaded area on them near the manifold that you can either put a wrench or locking pliers on. You might need to jack up the front end and remove the driver's side tire and shroud in order to get at the lower mounting bolt(s) for the bracket in question.

Good Luck!
Thanks for the info! I used my girlfriend for her small hands. She got the bolt right out? I also got the intake off without removing those studs. Not sure if it’s the right way?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts