Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
161 - 180 of 216 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
2 Posts
Hi all. Noob poster here. I just replaced my fuel filter per the instructions in the OP. Thanks so much for the write up! I do have a question though. When I went to unscrew the filter clamp, it was broken and the only thing holding it in place were the valves and gas lines. Is there a suitable replacement I can get or is there any other kind of way to secure it without replacing the entire clamp? Thanks in advance! Love this site! :D

Bob

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
25 Posts
Hi all. Noob poster here. I just replaced my fuel filter per the instructions in the OP. Thanks so much for the write up! I do have a question though. When I went to unscrew the filter clamp, it was broken and the only thing holding it in place were the valves and gas lines. Is there a suitable replacement I can get or is there any other kind of way to secure it without replacing the entire clamp? Thanks in advance! Love this site! :D

Bob
Same thing on mine. I used a Tie wrap to secure it.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
10 Posts
Thanks. Just being over protective with the relay. 75K? :dielaugh: I felt bad that I left it go for almost 5K over. Boy, was I being hard on myself :bonk:

That was my 1st fuel filt change on this (the factory sticker on the old filter is a giveaway). My 2004 with less than 35000 miles on her. Haven't ran a full tank of fuel since the change so I can't say if it helps fuel economy but I did run a lucas fuel system cleaner in the tank before the change hoping to knock any barnacles loose in the system.

I am working on getting this over to the article section, thanks. I've gotten alot from this site. Just wanna give some back.
Wonder if I need to change my wife's 02, it never has been changed and it has over 202,000 miles, only thing that has been replaced was an alternator. Her trailblazer has been like a GTO, Gas Tires and Oil. Been the best vehicle I have ever owned.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt_xl
1 Posts
Great post and a must do!

Excellent post, I am on several forums and this was a fantastic post on how to do it! My 03 keeps stalling when go from reverse to drive. From what I have researched on here, the order is throttle body (actually replaced) but more importantly I should have started with the fuel filter. Great post again!

Thank you for the hard work...

Spence

·
Registered
2009 gmc envoy_slt
153 Posts
This is the best forum I have been on for all the vehicles I own. Many just recommend "going to the dealer" for things like transmission oil changes, diff oil changes and of course cleaning the fuel system and throttle body and offer no "How to's" . Maybe those forums are run by dealers!

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
29 Posts
Between replacing the fuel filter, cleaning the throttle body and seafoaming the engine, Im saving roughly $20 to $25 in fuel costs per fill up.

BTW I changed it out at 155,000 miles, should have done it a lot sooner :bonk:

·
Registered
2003 chevy
49 Posts
Between replacing the fuel filter, cleaning the throttle body and seafoaming the engine, Im saving roughly $20 to $25 in fuel costs per fill up.

BTW I changed it out at 155,000 miles, should have done it a lot sooner :bonk:
Ditto man Im ordering one today and im at 174,000 and it still the original:duh:

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
8 Posts
wish i woulda...

I wish I would have checked this out a while back. about a month ago I was in a rush and was at a quick lube place, they suggested changing my fuel filter, charged me an arm and a leg for it. Checked this out and decided to have a look at mine, pretty sure they installed mine in reverse, the pressure relief valve is on the connection not marked out....gone through a few tanks of gas since and the truck runs fine, but I guess i am going to have to head back there and start yelling...anyone have any clue if this is going to cause any damage?:duh:

·
Registered
29 Posts
I wish I would have checked this out a while back. about a month ago I was in a rush and was at a quick lube place, they suggested changing my fuel filter, charged me an arm and a leg for it. Checked this out and decided to have a look at mine, pretty sure they installed mine in reverse, the pressure relief valve is on the connection not marked out....gone through a few tanks of gas since and the truck runs fine, but I guess i am going to have to head back there and start yelling...anyone have any clue if this is going to cause any damage?:duh:
Only thing I think it would change is your fuel flow but if your engine's running fine than I dont think it did any harm. Plus if you only ran a few tanks through the new filter and you use good quality name gas you should be fine.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt
40 Posts
I have to do this on mine urgent!!! I'm running with 94k now and It was bever done... 1..2 miles is way worth!!:thumbsup::thx

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt
40 Posts
The only thing is that sometimes it's not so easy because i don't have my garage yet. I'm renting and my baby stays on the street. Soon I'm going to buy a house and have my driveway and garage to enjoy! Thanks man!!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Replaced fuel filter, now will not start

2004 Trailblazer wxt 2wd 6 cyl.
I replaced the fuel filter according to the pictures and instructions listed on the website. Now I cannot get the vehicle to start. It is like it is not getting any fuel. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Replaced fuel filter, now will not start

Found out last night that if i would turn the ignition key to on about 8 times
without trying to start the engine, wait about 30 seconds and then start the engine it sould reset everything. I tried this and it worked like a charm.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
24 Posts
91,000 and still the factory filter. dang....
I can beat that, I'm at 116k and still running the factory filter. Neglectful maintenance I know, that's why I'm doing this filter change this weekend.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
24 Posts
Did this today. Actually took me longer to figure out how to get the fuse box open than to actually change out the filter!! This was extremely helpful, thanks!!!!

161 - 180 of 216 Posts