Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys i ws wonderin how is the best way 2 make ur chrome rims as shiney as can bee lol like soap and water is great but it still leaves a residue so i need help please have 22' rade rims 4 inch lip i want them 2 shine 2 the max any tips would be appreciated
thanks in advanced :)

·
Banned
2005 gmc envoy_sle
3,253 Posts
i dont care what anybody says,,turtle wax chrome polish is the best hands down:hail::hail: it comes in a little white bottle,,goes on super easy and comes off even easier without leaving dust residue behind!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
1,002 Posts
ive always applied a nice coat of wax on mine. i wash it frequently enough so i just use the car soap on them, dry them, and occasionally put some wax on them. the wax makes it really easy to wash of road grim and brake dust. if you dry it, there shouldnt be any spots. sounds like you let them air dry and its hard water stains. hope it helps

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
294 Posts
Try the Mothers ball. I used that before with polish. Looked phenominal when done. If you go to the parts store look in the cleaning section where the wheel polish is and it will be a red foamy ball that you put on a drill. It gets every crease and hard to get spot. And it is way faster than doing it by hand.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
276 Posts
Make sure they are chrome and not pollished aluminum. There are some wheel acids that will clean chrome extremely well, but will turn aluminum black and are a pita to clean up after.

Mothers has a product in a small jar type container, when opened looks like a rough form of cotton, but it's specifically made for polishing clean metals, chrome, aluminum and such.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.