Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'll keep a close eye on the hose and make sure it stays in one piece. So, I'm taking as there is no possible way oil could get in there, so it must be tranny fluid. Is it normal for the tranny fluid to be brown? It has 100K and I'm not sure it's ever been changed.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
6,568 Posts
as far as i remember there is a rubber section on the tranny lines... from stock... its on the passenger side of the engine towards the bottom...

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
HMMM. I dont know if its detrimental.
One side may be under pressure...Im not sure.
There is very little pressure in the cooler lines. The right size of fuel line grade hose and two clamps will hold no problem. The hose and clamps should be checked after a few heat/cool cycles.:m2:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
hey- I just looked under my TB.
Where exactly did you reconnect these hoses?
On my driver side- next to the radiator- there are some metal hoses- that are then clamped on to rubber hoses. there are 2 connections.
they are very close to the tranny lines.
But I believe the ones with the rubber hoses- are the cooler lines for power steering.
It has a nice radiator like cooler way at the bottom. (I Just found this out several days ago).
If it was your power steering COOLING hose that came loose.... then that would explain why it is dark fluid.
Power steering fluid is clear... but old liquid turns dark.
Let us know hat side it is on.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I dont know if I still have these pics....
ill look. (they sure arent in my gallery).

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
4 Posts
im stuck :(

Hey all, im new to trailvoy and attempting this radiator project....my trucks got 158,000 and i don't think anything within the cooling system has been changed :hopeless sooo its time for some maintanence......my problem is that the hose is like frozen onto the radiator and won't come off, no matter how much pb blaster I use.....any suggestions?

thanks all :D

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xl
6 Posts
Replacing Radiator hoses

Hello, I was going to change both of my radiator hoses and was hoping that the photos could be added back to the site. I appreciate all the time that you went to when originally posting this.

Please let me know.:)

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle_xl
11 Posts
I also find it disappointing that a number of DIYs no longer have pics posted . I could really use the visual help.
Mike

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,733 Posts
Thats because most of the longtime members have gone on to GMT Nation. Not telling you to bail, but all the real answers are there.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle_xl
11 Posts
ahhh, I didn't know about that forum... Thanks for the notice!

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt_xl
14 Posts
Continental Hoses

FWIW:
Continental Elite hoses (formerly Goodyear Gatorback), seem to be premium hoses and are available from Rockauto.com & Amazon.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts