Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
361 - 380 of 389 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
2 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Still can't get the damn thing to budge. If I didnt know any better I would think it is seized in there. I know others have had problems removing sensor but this is getting silly. I need some advice on how to get this out, so I can get truck running again. Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
2 Posts
This part is also referred to as a variable valve timing solenoid (VVT). You can order this party online from several different online parts dealers for less than forty bucks shipping included. However I have outdated several parts from am-auto parts.com and have always received the right part and had zero problems. My parts drive in 2-3 days and this particular part is $35.99 free ground shipping. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt_xl
19 Posts
Hey all, my wife was on her way to work yesterday morning, said she had to pull over because the engine was making a loud whistling noise, so she shut the truck off and tried restarting but it wouldn't go. Ended up bringing it back home on a flatbed. Anyway, I went outside and tried starting it for the hell of it and to my surprise it started, but the engine fan seemed to get louder everytime I stepped on the gas. Figured something wasn't right so I pulled out the code reader and got P0014 and P0135. I read all 36 pages of posts and am going to replace my CPAS this weekend(local dealer had 1 for $67.00). Now back to the fan issue, it happened during the wife's morning commute and then when I got it home and started it, left it for about an hour and restarted, everything seemed fine...hooked code reader back up and only got the same 2 codes. Can anyone shed some light on this issue? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
6 Posts
A little help please

I am hoping someone may know the actual part number to the Camshaft position actuator solenoid.
I can't find it and the part number gm gave me was for the wrong part.

06 trailblazer lt 6 cyl 4.2lt

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
28 Posts
Just changed mine. Was leaking oil pretty bad. There was some metal flakes on the middle screen, with all screens perfectly intact. Makes me wonder where it came from... and only on the middle one...? Engine does have a tick tick tick when running, maybe she's ready to go to envoy heaven... :(

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
2 Posts
Just changed mine too. $70 Canadian. I was chasing a rough idle and this was the culprit. I can't believe it but it was. I cleaned the throttle body, changed the plugs, tested the coil packs and then finally tried this. Voila!

Thanks TrailVoy and all the above who pointed me in the right direction.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
4 Posts
Found this thread after I have been chasing down a rough idle issue for a few weeks now. Changed out the CPAS and camshaft sensor with no luck at stopping the rough idle. My cpas was really bad, and the camshaft sensor didn't look to great either. But unfortunately it didn't fix my issue.

I'm gonna swap out the spark plugs, clean the throttle body, and replace the crankshaft sensor tomorrow. Hope that works.

Anything I should try ?
Original scan threw a P0014 code, cylinder 2 misfire, and camshaft sensor fault.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
17 Posts
Do not use RESTORE

I just changed my oil last night and today as I was driving around the ses light comes on and I suddenly get rough idling. I check the codes and get p004 and 1435 for rough idle. I took it to the dealer because it's Saturday and My wife needs the car for work. They told me that they can't look at it till Monday. So I can't do any worse than to try to replace the CPAS myself and hope it works. The CPAS cost $64 out the door. I removed the old one and it had oil in the connector and didn't look bad at all. I took the new one out of the box and instead of the screens it had coils of solid wire wrapped around those gaps. I thought they gave me the wrong part(I have a 2002). I guess it is an updated part because it fit fine. Someone in an earlier post says not to use RESTORE treatment at all and I believe that is what caused my problem. I might try marvel mystery oil nextime. I used Mobil 1 5/30 extended synthetic and M1 206 filter. Plus 1 can 6 cyl RESTORE. For the person who's wife had the high pitch whine, it's probably your fan clutch.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
7 Posts
Pulled my CPAS this afternoon. The write up made this a fairly easy process. I pulled mine and cleaned it (Unhooked the battery for 45 min), but still am having some issues with a rough idle. Will keep looking for the culprit.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
17 Posts
K Trip

I would think about replacing it unless you think it is something else. What error codes are you pulling out? Could be a coil, spark plug but that usually is coded. Also you should clean your throttle body. maybe replace your fuel filter also.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
7 Posts
It turns out the main issue was a coil pack. I went back to inspect the number one spark plug and snapped the bolt on the coil pack (I think i torqued it down too much when installing the new plugs:bonk:) So i went ahead and purchased a new coil pack and had fun getting the bolt out of the engine block with needle nose pliers one mm at a time. But when I did get that bolt out I installed the new coil and it cleared the SES light and the random drops in RPM while idling. I may still want to replace the CPAS but for now i think it is fine. Thank you

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
1 Posts
code and low oil pressure

I'm getting a good deal on a trailblazer and picking it up tom. The p0014 code is on for the CPAS. I'm seeing that I'm going to have to take it out to see if its bad, but should I replace it or clean it? I didnt notice any idle problems but the low oil pressure deal came on a few times driving it. Read elsewhere that the cpas fixed this for a few people, anyone have anything to add on that? it goes up and down and up and down, the switch is going on and off, i know that most variable valve timing works based on oil pressure so id see the similarities of this part and oil pressure.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
20 Posts
Good thread, will need this info for my maintenance tomorrow, thank you all!

·
Registered
2007 buick rainier
1 Posts
New to the forum thanks for all the info on this. I have a 07 Rainier with 147K in looks like the original one i haven't removed it I figured I would just replace it with having that many miles on it no problems or issues. I just ordered the valve from Rock Auto I went with the Delphi.

·
Registered
2003 olds bravada
2 Posts
Cam phaser gear actuator

Hi there this is my first post. Has anyone here changed a cam phaser gear actuator? I have a 2003 Olds bravada and I have my neighbor and a friend working on my car. Its been running really rough and throwing all kinds of codes. We have replaced the spark plugs, all the fuel injectors. Then put on a new timing chain (and all the parts in the timing kit) we also replaced the cam phaser Solenoid (and it still has oil inside when we disconnect it even with the new part. So we just ordered and received a cam phaser gear actuator off eBay and the guys got the car all taken apart and the replacement part we ordered off ebay is different than the original and they say it wont fit. So I looked up the part on the pepboys web site (none of the other sites even show one) and pepboys shows the exact part like the one I got off ebay that they guys say doesn't fit. Any suggestions??? Anybody else had this problem??? help!!!

·
Registered
2003 olds bravada
2 Posts
Oil in the connector from CPAS to wiring harness

Hi there, I few weeks back my neighbor changed the CPAS on the my 2003 olds Bravada because there was oil where the CPAS connects to the wiring harness. We thought replacing it would fix the problem. Since then we have also done a bunch of other work.... new timing kit, new cam phaser actuator, new fuel injectors and sprak plugs. The thing is still running like crap, still as bad as it was before we replaced anything. It's not too bad on open road but it's getting only 12 miles to the gallon and acts like its going to die when it's idling. Anyway.....he checked the CPAS again and there is oil again where the CPAS connects to the wiring harness. Anyone have any idea why this keeps happening??? Is it a wiring problem??? Any idea what could the problem?

361 - 380 of 389 Posts