Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle_xl
397 Posts
Doesn't sound too bad. Just gotta find the best way to mount it, and how to plug it in with the module from pcm4less. That fan i had linked was pretty inexpensive too.

·
Registered
2007 chevy
9 Posts
ls1 duel fans check engine light

hi i just got rid of the stock fan on my 07 ss . hooked up the ls1 fans they work great just when i unpluged the stock fan the engine light came on. i know u can fix with hp tunners but is there a cheep way to keep the light off like doing anything with the stock plug? any help would be great thanx :crazy: the code that comes up is(po 526) fan speed sens circ. just want to know if i can trick the sensor :thx

·
Banned
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
21 Posts
Pretty sure sure need tunes with those kinds of modifications, otherwise your fuel mileage goes to crap in a basket.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
169 Posts
I can't for the life of me remember who exactly it was, pjaneiro i think. Found a wire to tap from the ecm , then used a resistor and tapped another wire or too to keep the CEL from coming on. You'd have to do a thread search and find the post, but I remember him talking about it. Sorry I don't have more info but someone did it awhile back, it is possible.

·
Registered
2007 chevy
9 Posts
efan

Well that sounds pretty good then. I'm looking at a cost for parts of under $300 then. Anyone have any experience with the Dorman E-Fan? Found it for a great price on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Dorman-620-63...L5I2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1314114066&sr=8-1

How long would it take to install all of this?
I have the ls1 duel dorman fan on my 2007 trailblazer ss and it works great with a 160° thermostat I got the wire harness from PCMforLess. With the tune I did not like the tune so I used a temperature probe instead. it ran too hot with the ecm tune. so I have a temperature probe on 1 fan and a switch on the other so when I use to ac or I'm in traffic it works great like this except the check engine light is on. I just have to figure out what to do with a stock fan plug so the check engine light goes off.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
4 Posts
word

Nice install! you're definitely a professional. I'm gonna do some thing similar to my 02 Tb. My only question is; How is your set-up a idle? Did you incorporate a manual over-ride?

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
13 Posts
so im a lil confused what is the pros/cons of installing the efan does it free up some horsepower due to it not being attached to the motor?

·
Registered
buick trailblazer_ls_ext
6 Posts
thread

Although these toys are light in weigh. The difference between the two is evident in the performance of the cars, but; the benefit depends on the preference of the person owning it. There can be definite benefits to a person if he opt for the nitro battery-powered ones but there can also be apparent benefits to the other person who pick out the electric powered models.:grouphug:

61 - 70 of 70 Posts