Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,
My son (non auto techie type) has my old 2003 chevy trailblazer. He lives in the city and parks it in a city garage. Due to covid and him working from his appartment,
it hasn't move in a long time (many months). Well now he needs it. The key just spins in the door and doesn't unlock. The battery is dead so the key fob's don't unlock the doors.
How do I get inside to unlock the doors or pop the hood so I can swap the battery and get this thing going again?

Is it possible to reach and pop the hood latch from under the vehicle ? I'm at a road block so ideas would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance.
-Darryl

·
Registered
26 Posts
May have to call a local towing company like AAA. They have tools to feed down in the window well to unlock cars or use a wedge to pry the top corner of door window frame just enough to reach in with a strong long rod to hook on the lock button above the door handle.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I believe ALL TBs have a 7-pin RV-Trailer connex in the back - and you can charge the battery through it.

You'll either need to cobble-up an adapter in the form of spade connectors or use a real plug wired to go to the ground and the battery lugs.

Then either put a charger on it - or use your emergency battery pack-charger for your cellphones, etc.

Most of them will jump start a vehicle - so here you can use it as it would normally be connected to the battery - but this time through the trailer jack.

I built one for my car - now I've gotta find some place to carry it that won't be locked up when the battery and remote fail.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts