Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i saw in the will it fit post sticky that a 265/75/16 tire will fit my stock 16inch rims with spacers. i couldnt find what size or where to get spacers in that long post if someone can let me know that info.

also more importantly how safe are wheel spacers? i never used them and i am not familiar with them either. i never upgraded that aspect of a car before. what are the risks in using spacers?

are there tire sizes that exist that do not need wheel spacers?

thanks

Alan

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Did you check out James Downing's site - in his signature? Lots of data.

Many of us buy spacers from Fred Goeske at www.wheeladapter.com

I consider them to be perfectly safe, and have very clearly staked my life on them not failing in three trips to the Sierra Nevadas. They WILL reduce the lifetime of hubs and other suspension parts, but it's impossible to tell how much, exactly, and what proportion of the reduction in lifetime is due to the larger tires, wheels, spacers or offroad abuse that all happen at the same time.

If you have a mission that demands you get spacers, I recommend you just do it, and live with the consequences. It's not like a wheel is going to fall off or anything.

Run a search for Fred Goeske and/or wheeladapter.com here on trailvoy and you'll get a LOT of threads to read.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
188 Posts
They are excellent if you get well made ones..I have some 1.5" for sale...pm me for info

1 - 3 of 3 Posts