Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
gmc envoy_denali
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Envoy started to have an overheating issue on my ride from Ohio, back to Maryland. I took it to my mechanic, and got the news I did not want to hear - it has a cracked radiator, it needs a new air-conditioning system, and my headlight that keeps going out, is due to a fuse that is burning in the car (it could have caught fire). The damafe was something along the lines of $2000 - I've put enough into the car, and it's time to move on.

It's a 2002 GMC Envoy, with a dealer installed Denali Package (grill, Denali insignia on door panels, and various other changes. It was just under 147,000 miles, with 4WD, SLT Package, Leather Interior, Sunroof, and Running Boards. The Carfax says it's a 2-Owner, but the title was only transferred from my company car, to a personal car. Original MSRP - $36,215 + $1,200 Denali Upgrade. The condition is best described as 'fair', and the car just looked tired - the front bumper is sagging, the headlights are sort of foggy, the back bumper is pretty scratched up, and there is minor condensation in a taillight. On the bright side, the tires are brand new Firestone winter tires, the transmission is 20,000 miles old, and the interior is pretty close to immaculate. Additionally, the engine is running pretty well, aside from the radiator. Overall, the car looks like it has 150,000 miles.

I'm going to put it on eBay Motors, and Craigslist as a car without inspection, and one that should be towed away, as it will probably overheat on a drive exceeding 20 miles. There really is no pricing guide for cars that need work, so what do you think I should list it for? The dealer offered me $3000.

Thanks

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
73 Posts
I can't offer you any advice on the price for your but would you be willing to sell a part off of your door? I need a door check. If you don't know, the door check is the little thing that will allow your door to stop a different stages or being open. It connects from the truck and door about midway between the two hinges. Should have two bolts on the truck side. To remove it you'd have to remove the door panel to remove the bolts.

I know this is a complete long shot of a request but the door will operate just fine without the door check. I can't seem to find one and mine makes a creaking noise when the door opens and it has been annoying the crap out of me for over a year now. If you'd consider this please let me know.

·
Registered
2007 buick rainier
661 Posts
Interesting, I've never heard of a Denal package not a factory 2005 and up Denali package that was a dealer option. Of course the big difference was you got a v8. Based on your description, it sounds like it isn't worth a whole lot more than 3k. Think about it you first have to find the guy that is willing to tow it and do the work plus the big one being your time selling it dealing with the typical no show's and dead beat bidders. The 3k sounds awfully tempting just to offload it. An 02 is really getting up there but on the positive side it has 4x4. Also the actual Denali being the first year the Denali was a factory option always had what was listed as SLT decor. The only difference between an SLT and a Denali interior wise was the wood grain wheel with the two little chrome rings where the wood and leather converge. I'm actually suprised they offered you 3k for it. Maybe post some pictures and we can get a better idea.

·
Registered
2007 buick rainier
661 Posts
Yep she's looking rough. What i'll say though is that the GMC version of our platform seems to hold its value the best. If it ran well and was at least driveable, 5k is still cheap for a 4x4 truck. Some of the issues to me make it pretty undesirable. For a couple k more there are newer, less mileage options on the Envoy Ebay section.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts