Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just came from the dealer today asking about a pcm reflash. How much is a reasonable price for a reflash? Because the dealer wanted to charge me 600 bucks which i find odd.

What do you think?

·
South Chapter
4,615 Posts
WTF!!!! did they smoke crack before you called!!!! that's unreal especially for a car company that can't take care of itself.....now they want us to pay the price for their shortcomings.....I would call around.

·
Registered
2002 chevy
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How many hours were they proposing for that work?

It's like 10-15 minutes, and if they have a one hour minimum, there's $100-120?

They must hate you. That's an evil way to treat a customer.
My thoughts exactly. They charged my 107 per an hour, 107 for the case relearn, 107 for the BCM reflash, 107 per hour on the wheel hubs (i just notice the wheel nearly coming off) and 599 on the reflash. My eyes were wide open with my jaw dropping saying WTH!

That we my first time at that dealer in MD. Im thinking of going back near my home and see how much it cost to reflash it.

·
Registered
2002 chevy
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SOB! I just called the dealer near my home at VA and they told me a unreal price compared to the one at MD. One dealer close to the pentagon cost 107 while the other one where I use to go you cost me 99.

Some service at MD!:weird:

·
Registered
140 Posts
I got a quote for $40 for a care relearn and $80 for a flash in Vista, CA thanks
to "the roadie" kind recommendations here on the forum.

That dealer is fkin pig and needs have his face and the back of someone's hand meet several times :nono::bonk:

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
58 Posts
Most posts I've seen on Cfans and 355 nation, the guys have pulled one of the techs aside and given him $20-50 to do the case relearn.

If you or someone you know has HP Tuners, it can be performed from the HP scanner program.

·
Northwest Chapter
11,917 Posts
Most posts I've seen on Cfans and 355 nation, the guys have pulled one of the techs aside and given him $20-50 to do the case relearn.

If you or someone you know has HP Tuners, it can be performed from the HP scanner program.
Also EFILive can do it, know I couldnt with an older version due to conflicting firmwares but Im 99% sure I can do it now for the NW guys (or those coming to the meet this weekend).

·
Registered
2002 chevy
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Also EFILive can do it, know I couldnt with an older version due to conflicting firmwares but Im 99% sure I can do it now for the NW guys (or those coming to the meet this weekend).
really?? I thought we cant do it as of yet? I dont see it on the instructions.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,436 Posts
...reflash...
Loading a new operating system and calibration algorithms into the PCM (powertrain control module), the brain of the car.

Just like computer vendors release some mandatory and many non-mandatory software updates, same thing for modern vehicles. Just like phones and USB sticks, the data is stored in flash memory so it sticks around when the power is off.

Google for "pcm reflash" and enjoy some reading.

·
Registered
2002 chevy
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yep, select LS1 99-08 PCM, go to DVT controls, activate them, then hit CASE relearn and make sure all the parameters are correct (ECT temp, foot on brakes, there are more I cant remember...).
Thanks Erik Ill get right into it later.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.