Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 03 trailblazer with engine 4.2L.
When the key is turned,the starter solenoid will click, but the engine will not rotate.
I have inspected the starter as well as starter solenoid,I assume the problem is the internal failure of the starter motor.
How much is a new stater for trailblazer 2003? I am not a rich man and don't have much money.
Any good online site to buy a cheap chevy trailblazer starter replacement ?
Thank you for any input.

·
Registered
2004 GMC Envoy SLT 4.2
288 Posts
Maybe find a re-builder in your area . Last starter I had rebuilt cost me 25 bucks .

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
487 Posts
I have a 03 trailblazer with engine 4.2L.
When the key is turned,the starter solenoid will click, but the engine will not rotate.
I have inspected the starter as well as starter solenoid,I assume the problem is the internal failure of the starter motor.
How much is a new stater for trailblazer 2003? I am not a rich man and don't have much money.
Any good online site to buy a cheap chevy trailblazer starter replacement ?
Thank you for any input.
Is you battery charged? Check the battery voltage.

·
Registered
2006 gmc trailblazer_ls
179 Posts
I know i have a 5.3 not a 4.2 but i got a cheapy starter from rockauto and have to say im going over a year so far and no issues from it. So cheap is like hit or miss. To test start the redneck way give it a couple wacks with something and see if it frees it to start vehicle. That will tell you if it’s definitely no good. If hitting it then lets it start then starters your issue. I think i paid 60 bucks including shipping for my starter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts