Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_denali
9,380 Posts
:undecided Hard to believe GM didn't keep a list of all serial numbers of the TB's produced for the 2006 production year. With that list they could easily determine how many had the "H" engine code. :crazy:

·
Registered
186 Posts
There is only one '06 TBSS left on the lot around these parts. A Red Jewel LT (with no cargo cover, no cargo net, no head curtain side impact air bags, and no rear entertainment system). However the dealer decided that they should put the dealer installed entertainment system in (the one with the screens in the back of the driver/passenger headrests). Don't know how much that adds to the bottom line.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
There is only one '06 TBSS left on the lot around these parts. A Red Jewel LT (with no cargo cover, no cargo net, no head curtain side impact air bags, and no rear entertainment system). However the dealer decided that they should put the dealer installed entertainment system in (the one with the screens in the back of the driver/passenger headrests). Don't know how much that adds to the bottom line.
those are the nicest ones out there (outside of the big 12" flip down LCD ones..)

·
Registered
186 Posts
those are the nicest ones out there (outside of the big 12" flip down LCD ones..)
I called and talked to a salesman and asked him why they decided to put those in. He said that they were unable to move it (it's been sitting there a while on the showroom floor), so they recently decided to install the rear entertainment system in an effort to move it. Don't those dealer installed kits go for over $2K or something?

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
I got word from Scott Settlemire at GM. There were 8,808 Trailblazer SS's built in the 2006 model year. Might be able to get some more breakdown. Not sure. :)
Man, only 8,808 TB SSs?! Man, you guys sure got one of a brief number of trucks, pretty sure thats about half of how many first year GTOs were imported and sold!:eek:

Wonder how many will be made for 07...

·
Registered
186 Posts
Man, only 8,808 TB SSs?! Man, you guys sure got one of a brief number of trucks, pretty sure thats about half of how many first year GTOs were imported and sold!:eek:

Only time will tell!

'04 GTO Production: 15,740
'05 GTO Production: 11,069
'06 GTO Production: 13,948
Total GTO Production: 40,757

'06 TBSS Production: 8,808 (unofficial)
'07 TBSS Production: ?

·
Registered
2006 chevy
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I got word from Scott Settlemire at GM. There were 8,808 Trailblazer SS's built in the 2006 model year. Might be able to get some more breakdown. Not sure. :)
:thumbsup: Attaboy! I was beginning to think this mystery would never be solved. I must admit, that's a bunch more than I would have guessed. Evidently I just move about in an SS-deprived corner of the world. Lots of Vettes, though!:yes:

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
:thumbsup: Attaboy! I was beginning to think this mystery would never be solved. I must admit, that's a bunch more than I would have guessed. Evidently I just move about in an SS-deprived corner of the world. Lots of Vettes, though!:yes:

Yeah I just saw another SS on the road today for the first time in like 5 mos. I was starting to feel lonely :D

·
Registered
522 Posts
Other than my own, and with the 2 others I saw at the recent Cincy meet, I still have yet to see a single TBSS on the roads yet :(

·
Registered
2006 chevy
197 Posts
I saw one a LONG time ago and thought "what was that" (it didn't have any badges). Well I found out and have seen 2 others since then.
One on the freeway, flying. The other on surface streets with a lady driving it like a Ford Pinto and talking on her cell phone.

I figured out here in CA I would see more of them.... guess not.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I saw one a LONG time ago and thought "what was that" (it didn't have any badges). Well I found out and have seen 2 others since then.
One on the freeway, flying. The other on surface streets with a lady driving it like a Ford Pinto and talking on her cell phone.

I figured out here in CA I would see more of them.... guess not.
I have also only seen 2 others around socal.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hell, I didn't even know chevy made the TBSS til I saw it advertised on getauto.com when I was looking for a new vehicle, tested it out and fell deeply in love with it.:crazy: Haven't seen any others around.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,026 Posts

Sorry... that number seems REAL LOW.... the dealers here ALL have many SS's on the lot, I would bet the number is closer to 15-18k.... Did he tell you how they came up with the number? was it by Eng Vin code? That Sounds right for total number of "LT's" or "AWD LS & LT's" but not all total? We need a break down, call him back!!!:D
I would be more than thrilled if it were the case as I own one, an early production one at that, but I doubt it...

there are now 6 SS's within a few miles of me... that's a town of 60k, 48sq mi, in Ocean Cty, N.J. how many similar towns exist.... IN the Tri State Area alone, now add the rest of the Country?? Waaay low..

·
Registered
2006 chevy
1,812 Posts
That number seems about right to me. I've only seen 3 TB SS's on the road and dealer's stock is usually limited to 2 or 3. Mind you, I'm in the Chicago area and not some small town. I've actually seen 4 JGC SRT8's, which we know are limited production.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Come on NJ people.. Back me up on this one.. I can't have a "TBSS" happy town, as not only me but Matt's development has an SS down the street from him as well & the construction crew on the main road near his house has one with Construction lighting attached to it, a lawyer near his shop yet another & while both our trucks sat in the lot another older couple drove by in one... this can't be a NJ heavy product.. Maybe I am out more considering my job consists of driving around all night?? The dealer where I bought mine had 16 with their first batch & since then has had 2 or 3 a pop.

I have been in Florida for a week now and have only seen 2 SS's & 0 SRT8 anything.. On the way down I saw none of either, odd..very odd..

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_ss_lt
57 Posts
There is a white one and two other black ones that I see all the time here in Cave Creek Arizona. That is 4 total in about 4 miles from each other.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Outside of the TB SS gathering, I have only seen 1 SS driving around.

To give some persepective though, my Dad owns a 04 Commemorative Edition Z06 and there are 3 in our area with more like 6-8 in the Houston area that we know of. There were only 2025 of those made...

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_lt
154 Posts
wonder if anyone could find the color brake down of the SS made? up here I would have the say Blue and Red where hard to find at the dealers, almost every dealer here had a Black and Silver and lots of White ones.

41 - 60 of 81 Posts