Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how low would a djm 2 4 kit with ss struts and springs in the front and then id cut about 1/2 coil to get 1" lower out back. looking to get a 3 5 drop. lemme know what yalll think.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump come on guys need help...btw im cutting up the headliights tonight for mr whistler.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,614 Posts
that'd be insainely low... make sure you'll still be able to get up your driveway!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
not really worried bout being to low...its very much in my history.

this pic was a static drop i scrubbed everywhere.

and i had a lightning and a 03 silverado that was slammed so as u can c im not worried about being low i been driving lowered vehicles since 15. also a 2 4 doesnt really look that low to me. i want mine to be like norcalSS.

btw ill be cutting the headlights open soon what do u guys think about clear coating the inside and outside of the lense??

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
how low would a djm 2 4 kit with ss struts and springs in the front and then id cut about 1/2 coil to get 1" lower out back. looking to get a 3 5 drop. lemme know what yalll think.
Try and get a hold of NorcalSS on TBSSOwners.........he's the man with the lowering skills.............

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wont be baggging this one anytime soon however the guy on here with the gold tb on intro vistas is just plain tits. i love that. but im going for a lowered tbss look. got both bumpers and the grille should be getting painted soon. i wanna say norcalss running the kbee(i think they called that) coilovers out front and out back now. sure his truck sick as ****...but i aint got that money he's got obviously lol. other wise i wouldnt be driving a 6 cylinder wanna be tbss lol.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
297 Posts
cut it and let us know what you think. i was planning on cutting a turn off my belltech rear spring. right now im at 2/3 and i sit like this. kinda looks like majestic but he says hes at 4 looks the same though.

still want the rear a little lower, installed a set of running boards just to make it look lower but i still want more. plus wanna do the whistler mod too but to scared to just cut. i looked at the thread but the pics are a little too confusing to me haha.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
293 Posts
tony(norcalss) does run coilovers, its the best route....but remember the SS boys dont need anything for the back they just drop the self adjuster for the bags.

Do not cut the coils there are tons of better options. Like for the front get the belltech drop struts and then run a drop spring on that.....hell that alone would be 4" of drop with the options of going up to stock height by adding collars....

I have a 2/3 belltech, its sits level....but like you I am used to SLAMMED (had a 6" bodydropped blazer with a 4" chop top)but the TB isnt my daily its the wifes and 2/3 is plenty!!!!....lol

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
297 Posts
tony(norcalss) does run coilovers, its the best route....but remember the SS boys dont need anything for the back they just drop the self adjuster for the bags.

Do not cut the coils there are tons of better options. Like for the front get the belltech drop struts and then run a drop spring on that.....hell that alone would be 4" of drop with the options of going up to stock height by adding collars....

I have a 2/3 belltech, its sits level....but like you I am used to SLAMMED (had a 6" bodydropped blazer with a 4" chop top)but the TB isnt my daily its the wifes and 2/3 is plenty!!!!....lol
i got the belltech 2/3 drop also. i think somethings wrong cause i dont sit level i think.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
just got done cutting my headlight open still got one more to do...wasnt really that bad..dont be afraid to do it. its a pretty straight forward project.

as for cutting coils. nothing is wrong with that. general rule of thumb is half coil equals one inch. i know plenty of boys that run cut coils its all about keeping the heat down. u use a torch yea that coild shot, u just screwed the spring rate up. u use a cut off wheel, keeps the heat low and barely affecting the sspring rate. i dunno y belltech sells a 2 3 drop...as far as i know most suv/trucks sit with a 2inch rake. so if u do a 2 3 ur still gonna have a 1" rake, just makes no sense to me.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
293 Posts
just got done cutting my headlight open still got one more to do...wasnt really that bad..dont be afraid to do it. its a pretty straight forward project.

as for cutting coils. nothing is wrong with that. general rule of thumb is half coil equals one inch. i know plenty of boys that run cut coils its all about keeping the heat down. u use a torch yea that coild shot, u just screwed the spring rate up. u use a cut off wheel, keeps the heat low and barely affecting the sspring rate. i dunno y belltech sells a 2 3 drop...as far as i know most suv/trucks sit with a 2inch rake. so if u do a 2 3 ur still gonna have a 1" rake, just makes no sense to me.
Cutting a coil can be fine if the coil is strait, but the coils on the TB and envoy are tapered and if you cut them then you may lose your mounting position. I will be posting pics soon of mine dropped ( like the other hundreds that have)...and you can see then.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
this is true..i have yet to c a trailblazer coil so not sure ive really only messed with full size trucks. are either ends of the coil straight or are both tapered?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Is there anyone else that makes a coilover for the front other than Kbee? if you could get just the 4" springs and shocks for the rear and adjust the front accordingly to get the desired rake. didn't know if that was an option or not but i would also like to get a bit lower than a 2/3 or 2/4. hope you figure it out.

·
Banned
2004 gmc envoy_sle
3,097 Posts
Is there anyone else that makes a coilover for the front other than Kbee? if you could get just the 4" springs and shocks for the rear and adjust the front accordingly to get the desired rake. didn't know if that was an option or not but i would also like to get a bit lower than a 2/3 or 2/4. hope you figure it out.
The new Belltech kit comes with a somewhat adjustable strut. You can change the spacers out to get a drop and add some drop springs instead of the stock to get the drop you need. Not as adjustable as coilovers or bags but also not as $$ :cool:

·
Registered
22 Posts
yea the struts w/ lowering springs should get down around four in the front correct? that would save quite a bit over coilovers and a lot over bags. anyone on here using the new belltech kit yet?

·
Registered
22 Posts
could probably still cut a little from each end to get a lil lower? i have know idea, i have never cut any springs but i think my brother did when he went pro-touring setup on his nova.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts