Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 04 envoy 4wd and can only find the ground force springs that will drop it 1.3 in front and 3 in back. Does anyone know of any other kits available that will drop it lower keeping my 4wd? Will the belltech with nitro shocks (2/3) work?

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
293 Posts
I own a 04 envoy 4wd Will the belltech with nitro shocks (2/3) work?
Yes

Be prepared to have higher cost with a bigger drop, you will also need DJM upper control arms for the front with the 2" drop springs.

Lots of people get a panhard bar for the back, but thats your call.

2wd or 4wd the belltech kit is the same, but the DJM 2/4 kit will not work because it is for 2wd only.

See my gallery/profile to see a Belltech 2/3 drop with DJM upper control arms and a spohn panhard bar sitting on 22's its a 4wd truck.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sweet thanks dude i think im gonna stick with the complete kit belltech has believe part number is bel170 2/3 drop with shocks....now ur saying im going to need the djm upper control arms. The kit doesn't include them? From the way it looks the front won't be bad just the back trying to get factory rivets out....

·
Registered
293 Posts
sweet thanks dude i think im gonna stick with the complete kit belltech has believe part number is bel170 2/3 drop with shocks....now ur saying im going to need the djm upper control arms. The kit doesn't include them? From the way it looks the front won't be bad just the back trying to get factory rivets out....
I am not sure you understand. The belltech kit comes with,
Front 2" drop coils
Rear 3" drop coils
Nitro Drop 2 rear shocks.

Now you need the DJM because when you lower the truck, the upper ball joint gets so kinked that it can just snap and on if that isnt bad enough you most likely be able to get the truck aligned within spec.

The DJM uppers not only straiten out the balljoint angle they are a bit longer and that makes the alignment go flawless.

Now as far as rivets I have no idea what your talking about, you just have to take the shocks off and the "sway bar" and then lower the axle with jack stand under the frame the factory springs will come out and you set the new ones in there.

·
Registered
293 Posts

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
does the kit comes with both sets of coils right... iw ish they had a parts list and right picture for the product

·
Registered
293 Posts
does the kit comes with both sets of coils right... iw ish they had a parts list and right picture for the product
The kit 140 from belltech is what you need, it will include the springs and shocks.

The link to the classified section is what you need to look at for a pic of the actual product.

For a side note
belltech 140 is 4wd
belltech 141 is 2wd

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'd rather get new parts for the kit at least new shocks, but i see what ur saying about the upper control arms, I miss read about the install i have installed a belltech drop on a buddys truck and remembering the back was a bitch. But if what ur saying is right i could have kit on in no time. i can only get the djm upper control arms for this kit right? thanks for your help man im gonna order the kit this week and try to put on it the next week or two(trying to close on a house right now)

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
will the DJM 2/4 work or is that to much stress on 4wd

·
Registered
293 Posts
I'd rather get new parts for the kit at least new shocks, but i see what ur saying about the upper control arms, I miss read about the install i have installed a belltech drop on a buddys truck and remembering the back was a bitch. But if what ur saying is right i could have kit on in no time. i can only get the djm upper control arms for this kit right? thanks for your help man im gonna order the kit this week and try to put on it the next week or two(trying to close on a house right now)

To my knowledge DJM is the only arm maker. I know what you mean now about rivets and yea that is not the case with this install. I had the longest time geting the springs off the front strut and getting the A-arm bolts out then I did the whole rear.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
so basically i have to mix two kits to make it work damn

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
where can i buy just those upper control arms?

·
Registered
293 Posts

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
damn so im looking 600-700 for drop (without running through tires)

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It says only 2wd? Dude i wish i could go back before i bought this and knew to look for 2wd instead of 4wd

1 - 20 of 40 Posts