Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The bushing at the transmission is worn/gone to the point the cable comes off the transmission and will leave the transmission in whatever gear you were in unless you crawl under and manually move the lever to park etc.

I have the transmission shifter cable and just need guidelines on the installation of the new cable. Seems straight forward, but never hurts to ask before starting.

This is a 2004 trailblazer ext with automatic transmission.

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
It does look pretty straight forward. Make sure the trans is in Park before starting. However there are 16 steps ( 2003 GM service manual) to adjust the cable after the install.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
4 Posts
Same Problem here

I seem to have the same problem. I was able to cable tie the linkage together and get my trailblazer home. Did you ever find the instructions on how to replace ????

Any helo would be appreciated...... Thanks

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
Sorry it took so long to answer. I bought the full set of Helm Factory Service Manuals. About $120. You could try Chilton or Haynes or ebay for a used set.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
4 Posts
I need to get a repair manual

I know I need to get a set of those repair manuals... but in the mean time... did you replace the cable yourself ? how hard a job was it ?

thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts