Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I'm wondering how I tell if I have the bose system in my 04 XUV? The sound is not too good and I want to know how to improve it...I really just want it so I can roll my windows down and actually understand the music at the same time instead of just hearing noise.

I also have something underneath my passenger seat that looks like it could be a spot for a CD changer or something. Does anyone know what this is?

I'm sure this has been asked a million times, but I searched for it and couldn't find anything.

Thanks,
Greg

·
Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
9,856 Posts
-bose comes on the radio display when you first turn the it on
-you can peek through the windshield into the cutouts on each side of the top of the dash, if there are speakers it has bose
-you can check the rpo codes on the label in the glove box

UQA is premium audio
U42 is rear seat entertainment
U2K is XM radio
UE1 is OnStar

the box under the pass seat is for onstar

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That box under the seat isn't exactly a box, it looks more like a metal frame and has a plug sticking out...do you know what that is used for? Or is the plug hanging out on purpose?

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,431 Posts
I think the equipment we might be talking about (if it's the front passenger seat) is the "smart" air bag module.
It turns off the air bag if the person in that seat is under xx lbs.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It looks like something for the power seats...the only thing I have a question about is the big yellow plug...does anyone know what that is for?

Also, here is a picture of my front speakers on the dash, does anyone know if these are the stock ones or some cheap aftermarkey ones?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.