Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen many people say there is an easy way to take apart the driver door control module i need to know? Mine quit working i think water got in to it from the rain, any suggestions?:duh:

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
694 Posts
I personally would just take apart the door assembly. It is only a couple of screws and then lift off the interior. Roadie can probably post you a diagram, but I don't have one for this. There are screws on the bottom side of the interior handle that have to be removed first and then a little pulling and lifting (GENTLY).

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
I personally would just take apart the door assembly. It is only a couple of screws and then lift off the interior. Roadie can probably post you a diagram, but I don't have one for this. There are screws on the bottom side of the interior handle that have to be removed first and then a little pulling and lifting (GENTLY).

:weird: removing the door panel?? why?? the DDM just pops off after you get it raised up some

no need to do all that extra work when its not needed

·
Registered
694 Posts
Ok, maybe I am misunderstanding the question? :confused: Are we trying to replace the window controls or the enitire window control assembly? The one time I have removed the assembly, the wire leads, I personally think, are much easier to get too with the entire assembly apart.

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
Ok, maybe I am misunderstanding the question? :confused: Are we trying to replace the window controls or the enitire window control assembly? The one time I have removed the assembly, the wire leads, I personally think, are much easier to get too with the entire assembly apart.

just the door lock and window switch module.. pry it up and unclip the wire harness and its out

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
331 Posts
Screwed in

Isn't there a screw behind the window control in the door? Either way you will need to take it off to get the panel off. There is a how to in the articles section entitled installing door speakers if you wanna check that out for help.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Isn't there a screw behind the window control in the door? Either way you will need to take it off to get the panel off. There is a how to in the articles section entitled installing door speakers if you wanna check that out for help.
This is exactly what I was thinking, but I am starting to get the feeling it may vary by year and model.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts