Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched on the forums, and have heard of some conflicting storys. I've heard all thats too it is disconnecting the harnesses and taping off the live power cables.

I've also heard taking out the onstar can disable alot of nessary things in your car (LIke power windows, door locks, ect)

Is there a guide I can follow to taking out onstar?

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,436 Posts
Just pull it. It's not required for any other system to run. The BCM (body control computer) next to the rear fuse block does all the things you're worried about. I wonder who is spreading that false rumor.

Sorry I didn't jump in earlier. I thought you would have just pulled it as an experiment, found the vehicle was OK, and gone on from there.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
1,536 Posts
Just pull it. It's not required for any other system to run. The BCM (body control computer) next to the rear fuse block does all the things you're worried about. I wonder who is spreading that false rumor.

Sorry I didn't jump in earlier. I thought you would have just pulled it as an experiment, found the vehicle was OK, and gone on from there.
Thanks Roadie:hail: I've been wanting to rip it out as well, just been to lazy to mess with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.