Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2007 trailblazer LT
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not looking to spend a lot on upgrading the exterior of my car but would like something to help. I’ve put an aftermarket grille on, smoked tail lights, and put tint and brow on but cannot think of any more cost effective ways to to make it look better. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
360 Posts
Not looking to spend a lot on upgrading the exterior of my car but would like something to help. I’ve put an aftermarket grille on, smoked tail lights, and put tint and brow on but cannot think of any more cost effective ways to to make it look better. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
What is the 'look' that you're going for?

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,195 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,195 Posts
I'll second what Ravalli says. Had a neighbor who's sons were into cars in a big way and they painted some junker they bought for a demolition derby using a roller and a can of paint. Let's just say it looked, as Ravalli said, unique.

·
Registered
2003 Chevy Trailblazer LT
306 Posts
I guess I would start with removing the tinted tail lights.

·
Registered
2007 trailblazer LT
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i just blacked out the rear reflectors a bit and make the stock taillights a little darker

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
360 Posts
You could put air deflectors on the windows. You could put 1-1/2" wheels spacers on it and bring your tires out farther to change the stance (Wheel Adapters, Wheel Spacers, Hub Rings for your car! | Motorsport Tech). BORA are some of the best spacers you can buy. Not the cheapest ($300 for a set of 4), but the best. You could install a leveling kit to bring the front of the truck up (ReadyLIFT | Shop All ReadyLIFT Products).
There are a number of things you can do, it just depends on your definition of 'cheap'.
Tire Rack has the leveling kit on special at the moment. It's where I got mine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
See if anyone local has a set of SS rims/tires. It made my TB look so much better and wasn’t too expensive (paid $600)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I recently cleaned up my stock wheels. I planned to just use flat black paint which would have been cheap but decided I wanted something more permeant and opted to go with the new Raptor 2K Line "Rattle Can" style black bed liner paint. It is a 2 part spray can paint that is about $130 for 4 cans, I put 3 coats on and used all 4 cans on 2 wheels. Oh yeah, and I added a 5 dollars black widow to the center caps. The brake upgrades shown were not cheap but you could just paint your calipers because that is all the Power Stop company does to OEM caliper cores. You could use other bed liners on the cheap for wheels and other components like the roof rack, mid body panel bumpers, or license plate frames. I'll post more pics if you want, I'm still finishing up the front wheels, brakes, and struts.

20210720_195722.jpg
20210720_195734.jpg
20210720_194242.jpg

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
37 Posts
I agree with nnorton44 on his recommendation for SS rims & tires and possibly a lowering or leveling kit to replicate the ride height and stance of the SS.IMO, the Trailblazer SS is one of the sweetest rides and models that Chevy came up with.Its like a sportier and smaller version of the Tahoe.275hp is the perfect balance of power vs vehicle size.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts