Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2007 isuzu ascender
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I got my Isuzu Ascender (2007), it didn't come with any remotes for keyless entry. I have instructions off here of how to program the remotes, but I didnt know if my ascender had the capability. How do I find out?

Also, do I just buy a compatible remote off of ebay and it will work when I program it in my vehicle?

Thanks

·
Registered
2007 isuzu ascender
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Absolute Bummer! I have the keyhole on the passenger side.. Man my Isuzu came with jack... No window tint either which sucked... Blah.

Thanks for the quick response.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
328 Posts
You can also check the codes in your glove box. The code for keyless should be AU0 (0= zero) At least that is the code in my trailblazer.

·
Registered
2007 isuzu ascender
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Blah. I got the keyhole in the rear liftgate too. Ill have to checkout the glove box codes. Blah. Bummer.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
2,667 Posts
:iagree: Maybe his Ascender was originally a fleet vehicle. I've seen a few rentals that were bare bones (though most of them were Trailblazers.) No keyless, no tint on the windows, no Onstar, etc.

·
Registered
2007 isuzu ascender
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bought it brand new at a Suzuki/Isuzu dealer. Wasn't a fan of the lack of tint and stuff but I enjoy doing that kind of stuff with vehicles, and doing aftermarket work so I thought of it as a challenge. It was also a leftover 07 model on the lot that they wanted to sell, so marked it down to $14,995 which worked well for me at the time.

Other than the keyless entry, the Ascender is looking pretty good after I added some tint, mudflaps, and some other minor mods. Future mods include dual exhaust, painted brake calibers, front spacers to level out the sitting height of the vehicle, cai, and a led taillight bar.:p

·
Registered
1 Posts
2007 ascender keyless remote issue

In my research, i've read that keyless remote is not a standard option on the ascender. The way to tell if it was installed is to give the VIN number to the dealer. From the VIN lookup, it will show which options the vehicle has installed from the factory. The remote programming is the same procedure as the trailblazer, rainier, etc. Here's a good site for programming instructions: www.programyourremote.com ...thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts