Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 04 TB LS. Recently, there was an attempted carjacking of my BABY TB. It was a setup by my ex and his “friends.” We had been talking in my SUV, it was late and I was tired. He knew it. A female walked by my vehicle and my ex got out. When he unlocked the passager door, It unlocked mine. He stepped away from my SUV and at the same time, a guy opened my driver side door, grabbed my arm and started pulling. I was strapped in really tight and I think I outweighed the guy plus I was pushing away with my legs, and God, we’re the only reasons he couldn’t get me out of my SUV. The female went straight for my glove box, where my ex had seen me put money earlier. There was Only $40 for gas, I had deposited the rest, right after I had seen him earlier. My ex pulled the female out after she got the baggie from the glovebox. He told the police he didn’t see anything in her hand.
I’ve put a lot of love and a great sound system into my TB. Earlier in the day, my ex’s friend had walked around my SUV, looking at it like he knew he was going to be getting it soon.
I want to make the front passenger door like the back ones, where it only opens that door. But I still want to be able to lock all doors from my side. If it’s a modular, maybe I can take one from the backdoor and put it in the front.??? I don’t plan on going where my ex and his friends are but there is nothing stopping them from coming where I am. He knows I am alone most of the time He’s 6’4”, if my Windows half way down he can reach in and unlock both doors.
I now have pepper gel spray that I carry in my cleavage and my cellphone is strapped under my clothes when I drive, along with an array of other sharp things at hand. My ThermoFlask is great for smacking a person in the head. I’m not giving BABY up without a fight!! Because if I give up too easy they might suspect :
I got GPS and tracking with engine cutoff installed too!
I have to treat my ‘04TB like it’s a 2021Maserati!!

·
Registered
2009 chevy trailblazer_lt
156 Posts
I have not looked at the switch, but maybe you could just unplug the passenger door lock switch. If not, I suppose as a last resort you could epoxy the switch so it can't move. if you go the epoxy route, I would buy a new switch first, just in case you want to reverse sometime.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have not looked at the switch, but maybe you could just unplug the passenger door lock switch. If not, I suppose as a last resort you could epoxy the switch so it can't move. if you go the epoxy route, I would buy a new switch first, just in case you want to reverse sometime
You must have been sending that with telepathy, I thought the same thing just now. I have to take the door panels off to put sound dampening on the door. I just won’t plug the wires back in, I will just tape them down so the Don’t rattle in the door. But I will set the switch back in the hole. No epoxy necessary. I forgot about the manual switch at the top! . Thank you!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts