Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all,

I am in hopes that someone can help me, Over the past month I have completely replaced the transmission in my fiance's 04 Trailblazer ext. Her old one was not moving in any gear and we were able to get a used one out of a donor vehicle pretty cheap ($150). When I finally got it all done I realized I had to replace the shift cable, took the neutral safety switch off the old one as the donor was rusty/broken and replaced the transfer case motor but after that everything was running fine for about a week. This morning however she was driving around right near our home and called me that she had lost reverse, With the help of a friend and his Jeep we were able to turn it around and get it home.

When I got it home I started trying to figure it out. I noticed that as well as losing reverse it has also lost 1. Drive, 3 and 2 work fine tho. The weirdest part tho is when the truck is in neutral if you give it a little gas it seems to try to move forward as if it were in gear it doesn't but you can feel the pull of it trying to move forward. I replaced the trans filter today hoping the old one was clogged up and causing the issue. Unfortunately that did not fix the issue.

Sorry for my horrible grammar, it's not my strong suit. Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to provide
Rick

·
Registered
333 Posts
I never understand people buying a junkyard transmission and then just sticking it into their vehicle.

Junkyard transmission are to be used as a core to be rebuilt --- THEN put it into your vehicle.

You have a used (and non-working) transmission in your car --- why would you put another used one in?

You have zero idea of the service life left or if it even works as good (or bad) as your old one. Used transmissions are always a crapshoot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts