1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. New here and n need of info.
I have a 02Nvoy "my baby"..anyway.
It has a g80 with gt4 ratio.
When I turn left at slow speed it feels like real wheel is not bolted tightly (wobble).
Any help would be great.

·
Registered
2004 Trailblazer LS 4x4, 4.2L:, 2016 ATS-V, 2014 CTS-V Wagon, 2018 Audi A7
144 Posts
I presume you have checked All lug nuts on all your wheels? Bad hub is my wild-ass guess.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
2,270 Posts
First of all make sure you are not in 4WD. If not, you need to check front suspension and steering parts for loose or broken items.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Yes to #3 post above (^).... and to double-confirm that you are NOT in 4WD, jack up just one front wheel and try to turn it.

If it turns freely - not counting disc brake drag, etc, --- then you are NOT locking up the front axles.

That is a part of being in 4WD - the front wheels HAVE TO BE connected to the transfer case and ultimately to each other -- mechanically -- to be in 4WD. If the wheel won't turn, then you need a little more research to find out why not.
  • QUESTION - Why else would a front end 'hop' when you turn hard in either direction (usually)?
  • ANSWER - you may have a lift kit in the front end and/or the outer CV is binding.
  • ANOTHER ANSWER - you may have a bad wheel hub - front usually.
  • A REMOTE POSSIBILITY - Bad upper/lower ball joints or bad control arm bushings.
  • AND A NON-POSSIBILITY - It is NOT an alignment problem, nor bad shocks.
I imagine there may be some other possibilities and I'm also sure that if someone else has a thought or two, it will be posted here right after MY comments.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts