Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not really a problem or anything.. just curious what exactly the benefits of this thing is?

besides the obvious "in case of fire tabs melt and drops to smother fire".. and maybe keeping the paint on the hood from bubbling..(which I think is highly unlikely)

but I took these things off the last two vehicles I had with no problems whatsoever.. I am wondering if it keeps the heat in. :undecided

not to mention its uglier than sin

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
IMO It helps keep the engine warm in the winter and keeps the heat from the paint in the summer.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,113 Posts
also helps for cold start-ups...kinda like wen yu see the trucks with the cardboard over the grill...helps keep the warm air inside, although does the same thing wen its 100 outside...:undecided

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
how would it keep the engine warm in the winter when it sits overnight in 5 degree weather?? :weird::confused:

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,203 Posts
Serves two main purposes: 1) It provides noise dampening, particularly when the motor is cold to help suppress noise for a more 'luxury' experience and 2) Provides a heat barrier to prevent paint damage due to heat. I've seen hoods with pain damage as a result of excess engine heat, it isn't pretty and expensive to fix. This is one way the manufacturers prevent it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts