Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I found a quick little bolt on re-chargeable air filter for my TB, and the only issue I had to resolve was the large hole on top of the intake tube (I used all the stock air tubes, just basically removed the box that sat on top the washer fluid). In order to cover this large hole, I found a gatorade bottle cap (I thought I was being resourceful) it fit in quite nice and snug so I went with it.... well as of recently my TB has been making a little bit of a whining noise on throttle, but goes away after a few seconds, and I just realized, the gatorade cap is gone.... My only assummion is that it either fell out or got sucked in (but that thing was quite tight and would have needed alot of force to pull it in so unless it heated up.....) I would prefer not to have to remove the intake manifold (especially if it really didn't go inside) but if it is in there, I would really like it out...... Any suggestions?:ugh:

·
Banned
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
7,255 Posts
So, the filter didn't have a sealed end? Are you talking about the little plastic piece in front of the filter that directs the airflow? taking it apart is no big deal, but what I want to know is how the cap could've gotten inside the intake. The only way is if there was a hole big enough for a gatorade cap, and there is not one I know of on a stock intake, except where the filter attaches. If you have a hole there large enough for a cap, than your filter is useless and you need a new one. Have someone start the car and rev it with the hood up and you listening, so you can pinpoint the noise location. Then figure out if it needs to come apart. Maybe you didn't reattach a hose properly?

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
:tiphat Welcome :tiphat I'm surprised it got past the tb blade. Did you take off everything between the tb and the air cleaner to make sure it isn't caught on something? Good luck. We will have more info when you fill out the User CP so that we know if you have a 4.2, 5.3, or a 6.0.:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts