Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

121 - 140 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
454 Posts
mac what kind of box are you using? Is it going to be under window line. I will have 4 134ah C&D batts with my 260A alt. I have 2 15's now and there in a 9.3CU FT box and there is no way 2 more would fit. Can i get a pic of your dual alt set up as im very interested

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
219 Posts
I don't have the dual alternator as of yet, however I did get in touch with a guy and he wants me to give them a call. I will get around to that on Monday, I ran out of time today. As for my box. I haven't really decided on how I want to build it yet. I can tell you though the box that's in the back of my truck now is HUGE! I only have 2 of my subs in it. I am really trying to hold off on putting my other 2 in it with my 2nd amp until I get a dual set up going. I also guess I should mention that I am running my trucks electrical off of my yellow top optima and I have 4 diesel batteries that I am going to run when I get my dual set up taken care of. I am getting really impatient but until I get enough power for all of my stuff I really don't want to install it and put strain on my batteries or my new alternator. I guess I could still use my factory alternator (just for my trucks main electrical and not my system), in a dual set up since I don't plan on using much at this time. We'll see. By this time tomorrow night though the radio, 5 channel amp, and new alternator should be done.

Oh and I forgot to mention I am putting in new 0/1 gauge wiring, but I am in need of much more at a decent price. I am looking for actual copper wire and none of that cca crap! If you see any good deals let me know.

Also if you are interested I can get you measurements on my box. The port is tuned for 35-40hz (I'm not perfect at cutting lol). Pics are in my profile.

·
Registered
219 Posts
andrew was running 3x L7's 12s and his box was nearly the whole trunk. i dont know where your gonna put 4x 15s.
I was considering making a wall in the back but leaving a window with thick Plexiglas. I have to do more research on it.. but its one idea. The other consists of some crazy box building that I really don't want to get into right now... Hope that didn't make me sound like a jerk, I'm just tired and fed up right now.

On my drive home after my last post I was forced over into a 2 1/2 foot snow drift with my truck being full of people. My 2 kids my nephew and my woman. Long story short the power steering pump we have had problems out of before (will never let her dads friend touch my truck again btw), completely broke on me and my belt got thrashed as did my power steering pulley. Just a long bull**** night. I'll get more into everything later. After all is said and done.. I had to pay almost 90 bucks for a tow that was maybe 2/5th's of a mile from my house at a quarter till one. So now its off to the stupid auto parts store tomorrow to get my pump if they have it.. and perhaps a trip to the junkyard for the pulley :( So not a good night with everything I had planned tomorrow.

·
Registered
454 Posts
my box takes up the entire back of the truck and leaves 6" for the Huge C&D batts back there behind the seat, but mine is all legal for usaci and under windowline and all. eventually i will build a new box.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Whew,

I fixed everything earlier and put in the HO Alt. and put on a belt for the ext model which is an inch smaller then our standard. I think its because they come with a higher output alternator which would indeed have a smaller pulley on it. I managed to fix everything with belt for under 100 bucks. The new pump with reservoir and pulley was only 50 bucks with no core! Sweet deal and now my belt is only 17 instead of 22 :rotfl: I like my little savings now and then. I had to get a new tensioner too.. they didn't have just the tensioner pulley in stock so they gave me the arm and everything for 35. The reason I had to get this replaced was because of the good samaritans that stopped and pulled me out also tried to put the belt back on.. this is where most of my problems came from.:duh: I am extremely grateful for what they did as far as towing me home and pulling me out as well as trying all they could to get my truck going, but they cost me more in the long run.. I did give them 60 bucks for towing me home and everything.. it's not easy finding people like that in this world and I think regardless of the outcome they had good intentions , and for how hard they worked to help me and my family I am grateful. Sorry for the ramble just thought I would finish off my story ;)

Oh and the best news I got today was that there is going to be a Joe Dirt sitcom with David Spade.. Now I'm not so much a fan of him, however as Joe Dirt.. it's another story all together lol:woot:...... Never mind this.. upon further research on this whole thing, I found out it was animated.. my day is limited to being happy about my truck working right again lol.

·
Registered
219 Posts
neat.

though i would find a new place to mount those.
I was thinking of making a amp rack in the space beside the box or even making a amp rack for the back floorboard. Since my kids are so young their feet wont be touching the floorboard for like another 4 - 5 years lol so it should be fine.

·
Registered
219 Posts
you should really make a tread on this instead of bogging down the sticky on "ho alts". plus you'll get more attention.
You're absolutely right. I forgot this was for HO alternators... lol so here I'll contribute to this sticky...

This was an e-mail I got from DC Power about a dual alternator bracket for the Trailblazer.

Thank you for your interest in a dual alternator kit for your Trailblazer 4.2 I6. We do have a dual alternator bracket for your truck that runs $499 plus $15 ground shipping.

If you have any other questions about the bracket or need additional information though, please don't hesitate to ask. If you want to give me a call to discuss your options or to place an order, I'm always available by phone @ 888-441-0144, or you can reply via email as well. Thanks again and I look forward to hearing from you. Rob

:tiphat

·
Registered
454 Posts
is that for the alt too or just bracket cause im very interested in that

·
Registered
454 Posts
Itll have to wait for a few more months as im doing a new box right now and going to add my 4th C&D Batt. :D Im hoping to gain 1DB

·
Registered
219 Posts
well its a bracket so it would be stupid if you didnt have 2x alts.

2x $550 alts + $500 bracket = a lot of bass
I was just going to use my 300amp for my system and the factory for the normal components. Also Dominick Iraggi only charged me $375 shipped for my 300amp. He said they usually go for $440. :crazy: But he was in contact with me constantly throughout the process and I can tell you, his alternator does indeed do as he claims. I actually had a great experience with him and plan to do business again :p

The only thing that changed when I added on my alternator was the belt. Some suggest putting the factory pulley on because if you use the normal size belt with the smaller pulley on your new alternator you will have dimming issues from the start because the alternator isn't getting the revolutions you will need to get the higher amps (unless you go with a alternator that has a high output at low idle). The belt I used with my smaller pulley HO alternator was simply the Trailblazer ext belt. It comes about a inch smaller then normal Trailblazers. With all 3 amps going with my dual battery setup I have 0 dimming. Then again I can sit there with the truck off and not get any dimming for some time. Just keep all these things in mind when upgrading your alternator. I had a Motorcityman alternator in my Grand AM and it was JUNK!!! I tried to call them numerous times for troubleshooting or just to complain and I not once talked to a person. He's on ebay, so keep an eye out for his junk. Just sayin :p

121 - 140 of 158 Posts