Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
2002 non_gmt360 other
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have had HID's for a while and recently did the quad beam mod listed in the articles section here http://forums.trailvoy.com/articles.php?do=viewarticle&artid=98 I went with the option of soldering my lows to the flash to pass so that I get quad beams on high or flash to pass.

One thing that bothered me was the fact that my fogs still turned off. So I had an idea on how I wanted to get my fogs to stay on and just didn't have the time. After getting called into work this morning ( for an emergency) I figured I am up, I have the parts, lets get this mod done.

I already went with the relays for my lows and fogs for HIDs so all I wanted to do was get the fog relay to stay on with highs. I got 2 diodes from work that we use on locomotives and wired them up.

I put one on the wire that originally went to the relay to power it up, then I added a second one that tied into the high beam wire and went to the relay also to power it up. This way there is no chance of back feeding any power to the highs when not wanted, or back into the truck where it doesn't belong.

Below is a picture of the wiring for the diodes, then where I tied into the highs, then a low/fog, and then a quad beam/fog pic.

Attachments

· Registered
2002 non_gmt360 other
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You're going to have kevin (ssmedt) jellous. He was wanting to do the dual high beam mod while at the Atlanta meet, however they ran out of time. Might have to do this mod to my tb. Nice work, clean install.

I was going to PM him a link to this thread cause I can, lol. hmmmm Might just have to send a PM.

· Registered
2002 non_gmt360 other
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
looks good. will you be changing the highs to HID as well?
Not in the plans since it takes too long for them to warm up and get a nice bright light. Defeats the purpose of flashing someone, lol. I have the silverstars in there now and it is bright enough. Unless I retrofit HIDs with the D2R bulbs, that light up faster.

well since nobody asked and I cant tell from the pics.....gotta schematic?:D
Hmmm schematics, yeah I got some.....in my head, lol. I just knew what I wanted to do and did it. What really helped was that I already had the relay installed for my HID fogs.

· Registered
2006 isuzu ascender
88 Posts
Well I have had HID's for a while and recently did the quad beam mod listed in the articles section here http://forums.trailvoy.com/articles.php?do=viewarticle&artid=98 I went with the option of soldering my lows to the flash to pass so that I get quad beams on high or flash to pass.

One thing that bothered me was the fact that my fogs still turned off. So I had an idea on how I wanted to get my fogs to stay on and just didn't have the time. After getting called into work this morning ( for an emergency) I figured I am up, I have the parts, lets get this mod done.

I already went with the relays for my lows and fogs for HIDs so all I wanted to do was get the fog relay to stay on with highs. I got 2 diodes from work that we use on locomotives and wired them up.

I put one on the wire that originally went to the relay to power it up, then I added a second one that tied into the high beam wire and went to the relay also to power it up. This way there is no chance of back feeding any power to the highs when not wanted, or back into the truck where it doesn't belong.

Below is a picture of the wiring for the diodes, then where I tied into the highs, then a low/fog, and then a quad beam/fog pic.

awesome!! Do you have any DRL killer?

· Registered
2006 isuzu ascender
88 Posts
Nope. I kept my DRLs. What I did do was added a capacitor ( another mod listed on this site), and that allows for full power to my headlights so I don't get the flicker.
HMMMMM I really would like the killer because here in the middle atlantic we dont need DRL's, besides I dont like the fact that every time I unlock my doors the lights turn on for a few seconds, I dont know if I'm exagerating, but I dont like the HID's to be turn on and of too much like this case of the fogs, I prefer to turn them on auto or when I need them at dark, the only thing I wanted in adition to the DRL killer was the fogs like this, and maybe that they turn on automatically at dark like low beams. Hope it can be possible ;)

anyways, what do you think? can I put this setup and then put the foglights like you? http://www.jetttstream.com/mm5/merc...TT&Product_Code=JAT-DRL-MOD&Category_Code=JAT

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.