Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt_xl
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i checked through the forums and noticed that there were different opions in regards to this mentioned issue. I noticed this yesterday while on the HWY and shifting to 3rd gear the truck would jump up in RPM's and then would spudder. to say the least then let off the throttle and would be fine. Im leaning towards it being the CAT but have a worry that it could be the band on the Transmission. And i have no code reader and the garages are closed beening it a LONG WKND here. Any thoughts or opions would be great. I hope its the CAT. It idled fine yesterday and now it seems to idle rough today. and the mileage jumped way up on thursday i might add. And did the job of cleaning the TB a few weeks ago.
Confused and hoping this ain't gonna be an $$ fix :ugh:

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt_xl
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thread Size on the O2 sensor after CAT

Does anyone know the thread size of the O2 sensor behind the CAT. Im thinking of Hollowing out my plugged CAT ( replacement QUITE $ ($450) and rigging up a spark plug anti-fouler and opening up 1 of the spark plug anti-fouler to allow the sensor to placed inside the drilled spark plug anti-fouler on top of the original (non-modified) plug. and hoping this will "cheat" the ECU into thinking the nothing has changed to the O2 sensor. And if the threading on the O2 sensor is in fact 18mm than it should work. And i would like to know the Diameter of the O2 sensor itself and if the opening were to be drilled with a 1/2 drill bit would be sufficiant. And don't wanna go with a O2 simulator.
THIS IS ONLY BECAUSE OF THE LACK OF $$ THAT I WANT OR ATTEMPT TO DO THIS.

Please let me know what you think :undecided

·
Registered
2002 non_gmt360 other
1,069 Posts
Does anyone know the thread size of the O2 sensor behind the CAT. Im thinking of Hollowing out my plugged CAT ( replacement QUITE $ ($450) and rigging up a spark plug anti-fouler and opening up 1 of the spark plug anti-fouler to allow the sensor to placed inside the drilled spark plug anti-fouler on top of the original (non-modified) plug. and hoping this will "cheat" the ECU into thinking the nothing has changed to the O2 sensor. And if the threading on the O2 sensor is in fact 18mm than it should work. And i would like to know the Diameter of the O2 sensor itself and if the opening were to be drilled with a 1/2 drill bit would be sufficiant. And don't wanna go with a O2 simulator.
THIS IS ONLY BECAUSE OF THE LACK OF $$ THAT I WANT OR ATTEMPT TO DO THIS.

Please let me know what you think :undecided
Hey sorry to hijack, but another one form Sudbury.....Welcome.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts