Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All:
I-6 Envoy has 149,000 miles. Current oil put in by previous owner's shop is 10w/30 High Mileage, unknown brand. It's going to need an oil change soon and was wondering what would be a good way to go both viscosity and brand wise.(It has 3100 miles since last oil change) Thanks for any info. c good

·
Registered
2007 isuzu ascender
201 Posts
Hi All:
I-6 Envoy has 149,000 miles. Current oil put in by previous owner's shop is 10w/30 High Mileage, unknown brand. It's going to need an oil change soon and was wondering what would be a good way to go both viscosity and brand wise.(It has 3100 miles since last oil change) Thanks for any info. c good
Whats the reccomended oil weight? My 07 uses 5W-30... I've heard though that 10W-30 can be better with higher mileage vehicles. Perhaps look for valvoline or pennzoil high mileage brand oils to use. 5W-30 High Mileage might give you a little better gas mileage than the 10W-30... Just my 2 cents.

·
Premium Member
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,422 Posts
Whats the reccomended oil weight? My 07 uses 5W-30... I've heard though that 10W-30 can be better with higher mileage vehicles. Perhaps look for valvoline or pennzoil high mileage brand oils to use. 5W-30 High Mileage might give you a little better gas mileage than the 10W-30... Just my 2 cents.
:iagree: In my fiances we use the high mileage Valvoline 5w-30. Again ours calls for 5w-30 so I would stick with that.:m2:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
190 Posts
max life 5/30 or 10/30

Max life 5/30 or 10/30. Either one of these will work great. MB1 5000 or 7000 work well also..... with 149k 5/30 or 10/30 will work. Some people say that because of ware and tare on the cars that 5/30 is what is used when the car is new, but as ex-cess miles build up 150k or 200k or more then move to a 10/40 weight oil ....... But if you car is not using or burning oil out the exhaust now. Stay with the weight your using now.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
198 Posts
Here's a Q&A I got from Mobil website.

Question: Will Higher Mileage Vehicles Leak More When Switched to Synthetic Oil? I've always heard that higher mileage vehicles will be more prone to oil leaks if one changes from regular to fully synthetic. True or not? My '97 Expedition has 101,000 miles with regular oil. What's the best for me?-- Patrick Poe, Norman, OK

Answer: Mobil 1 High Mileage is formulated with seal swells that will help eliminate leakage. We recommend you switch to Mobil 1 High Mileage for your vehicle. If your vehicle is not leaking now, switching to synthetic will not suddenly cause it to leak. Switching to a synthetic now may help you to maximize the life of your Expedition. If your vehicle is leaking before you change to synthetic, it will probably continue to leak with synthetic. However, by using Mobil 1 High Mileage it is possible that leakage could be eliminated or reduced. It depends on what is causing the leak.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
5,268 Posts
147,500 miles here. Im still running regular 5w-30.
Burning no oil. I will continue to use it as long as the engine burns no oil

·
Premium Member
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
481 Posts
Valvoline Maxlife (fully synthetic if you can get it) or Pennzoil HM 5W-30 and stick with it. Also, I would never go up to a 40 weight in this engine unless consumption is completely out of control or the temperature is always over 100 degrees.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.