Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so when i bought my 06 SS the guy I bought it from had a set of 9006 HIDs for it that were not even opened yet. He bought them from ddmtuning.com. Well i have been doing a lot of research on the install and have a drl killer picked out to do an everything. Last night i tackled the project. Got the grill off, lights out, changed over everything to the HIDs put the lights back in to test them, and I turn the switch and Nothing!! I followed these directions...

http://www.ddmtuning.com/content/techtips/9006hidinstall.pdf

From everything i can tell these HID's should not need a seperate ground or power.

I am going to call Tech Support later today, but was just wondering if any of you guys had any ideas for me to try...
Thanks

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,674 Posts
yea you cant follow those directions on there website that wont work for our trucks...
go here :
http://shop.3bspecialties.com/main.sc;jsessionid=9C6BA3AE710E161FAACE873FF16AA014.qscstrfrnt04
go to the instructions page and look at page 1 thru 4 thats how we have our trucks set up.

We have a good deal thru them, your gonna need to get a relay harness (9006) from them for it to work and i hope you didnt cut that wire like they told you too... If you need more help let me know ive done plenty of installs on multiple cars.....

·
Banned
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_ls
7,988 Posts
From everything i can tell these HID's should not need a seperate ground or power.
I just installed a set of "plug-and-play" HIDs from VVME. But I'm not willing to risk it. They didn't come with a relay harness, so I made my own. If you try to use those without it, you'll likely have some kind of failure in your factory wiring at some point.:m2:

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,113 Posts
You may have to flip the plug around. I believe it is the one coming from the harness.
:iagree: the power from the stock harness into the HID ballast is the one yu flip around, once you do that theyl power up...typically on first power up yu want to let them burn in for about 10min before turning them off :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
370 Posts
YUP flip 'em around...

That'll do it for ya. just an FYI, I had 4 sets of HID's in my truck, kept blowing the ballasts. Had enough went back to conventinal light.

HID's are now becoming so "yesterday" EVERYBODY's got. They're just not unique anymore. I've seen some that are just clownish.

·
Registered
2002 non_gmt360 other
1,069 Posts
Yeah the flipping of the plug is what I had to do.

As for the use of HID's I have to agree that pretty much everyone has them now. I would go back to regular bulbs, but I love the light output so much on mine I just can't go back. I did have some 6000K bulbs before and a few months ago I changed them to 4300K. Now they are a nice white, no blue in them ( except when you turn them on and they are warming up), and I get great light output( and still look stock), without looking like all those vehicles that have the HID kits that are blue ( in my city that is). I have seen some cars that have them and I swear the HID kit cost more than the car.

·
Registered
40 Posts
HID help?

I am getting ready to purchase HID conversion kits for all lights (high/low & fog). I am looking the jetttstream set. For the low beams I know I need the drl module and relay harness. What do I need for the high beams and fog lamps? Also, the higher the number (ex 15,000K) does it give you more light or is just the color. I want the brightest light possible. The color does not bother me. Thanks.

·
Registered
2002 non_gmt360 other
1,069 Posts
The higher the number the LESS light output you get and the more blue or more purple it gets, depending on the number. That was another reason I went with the 4300K, it is the closest to white with no blue in it and the most light output. 5000K is close enough and it will give you a small bit of blue that you may not notice.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.