Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Western Canada Chapter
6,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I got it done today. Great kit form Jetttstream.

You all know the grill and headlight removal drill

drilled the 1" hole in the factory boot

cleaned the plastic well with alcohol and stuck the balasts to the plastic headlight housing

took power from here

Thinking about the quad beam mod next. Maybe the Mr. Tailight module :undecided

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,574 Posts
Why do both headlights look white, but when you look at the reflection in the chrome cross bar the left is white and the right is blue? :undecided

·
Southeast Chapter
2004 buick rainier
5,864 Posts
looking good bill; yeah sam (botiess) did the standard quad beam mod for me in Indy; where we just swaped the pins; no modification to the wires required; going to try it out for the first time tomorrow night after work when i drive to the lake; ofcourse i also have the HID Highs; so it should be crazy bright:bonk:

·
Western Canada Chapter
6,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am curious what color temp you went with also. I went with 4300K last time I changed the bulbs, and I am thinking 5000K would have been better.
I am on my blackberry so. Pay no attention to weird spelling. But I went with the 6000k and I love the look. :)

·
Western Canada Chapter
6,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Why do both headlights look white, but when you look at the reflection in the chrome cross bar the left is white and the right is blue? :undecided
Big blue Coleman cooler reflection in the crossbar :D

Definitely do the quad beam mod. And unless you plan on getting HID highs...do the "flash to pass" mod. I have pics if you need.
I def need the flash to pass option and I need bulbs that can handle lots of ON/OFF activity due to the rural two lane highways we travel.

is it really necessary to take the grill off just to put HID's lol
Crossbar blocks the headlight removal and it takes all of 15 seconds to remove it. :yes:

Seeing that you had already said "yarrrrr" I applied the official answer :excited::crackup:

I am loving the 6000's but it really makes me see/notice my plastic headlight lens cover degradation :duh: Can you buy those new?

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
Bill, do the Quad Beam/DRL-killer mod in the articles, its deathly simple to wire up and kills the DRLs and gives quad beams under both flash to pass and regular high beam operation. I made another one for AllBlackedOut (Brandon) and threw it in his truck last weekend when we were at his cabin. Took me 30mins and a lot was because I was ripping apart my 02 to make sure I installed it correctly.:duh:

And about time you got HIDs man, sheesh!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts