Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
82 Posts
Well for starters 10000k is overkill, unless you just want it for the blue color. I think 6000k is brighter though. Not sure about the relay I have 8000k with 50w ballasts and love them.

· Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i want a lil blue tint to them but not like over kill like you see on some of the ricers. the reason i was askin is i tinted my heads and tails and i need something brighter? i got the nokia lights and its not bright enough and i was thinking about doing the headlights and fog lights.:cool:

· Registered
5,201 Posts
6000K is white with a tint of blue
8000K is more on the blue side
10000K is overkill like what the other guys said.........and visibility sucks as the higher the k lumens the less light output you will get.........

safest bet is the 6000-8000K.....BTW 4300K has a better light output but it has a bit of a yellow tint.....2nd up from stock halogens....good luck!!

· Banned
2007 chevy
4,722 Posts
I got the 6000k HIDs for Jetttstream and I love them. Great out put and makes the TB look unique. Plus Jetttsteams a hell of a guy and was willing to help me place my order whenever I was ordering mine!

· Registered
2002 non_gmt360 other
1,071 Posts
My eyebrows are a bit whiter than before. When I had 6000K I really liked them, but found them a tad bit blue. My current ones are white with just a hint of blue. I find them just right. I would post pics to show you, but I don't have my computer here yet as I just moved into a new house on Friday and still have to get a few things.

If you look up some posts I made I am sure you will see my latest ones and the previous ones too.

· Registered
5,201 Posts
It depends on your setup....I have projectors and tried out the 4300K and the 6000K...the output of these in the projectors are way different than the HID's to reflectors...reading on projectors....it states you loose about 1000K lumens...so technically looks like I am running at 7000K...so I opted with the 8000Ks because IMO it looks good and matches my fogs.....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.