Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
k i got my hids and installed them about 6 months ago and love them. but when i looked a tmy brother in laws truck with the same kit his look brighter. i noticed in his headlights he doesnt have the chrome reflector in his headlights. has anyone remove them from thier headlights>? and does it make it brighter?

· Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
he had on his before i did. so mine are newer but i didnt have a drl killer. but i did install it recently. he doesnt have the low beams that are drl. could the age difrence be why? i find it hard to believe since theyre about 6 months in diffrence.

· South Chapter
4,615 Posts
i would not think that the difuser should make that much of a dffernece; do you know if the two kits have the same k rating? 6000k; 8000k etc? and where they installed at the same time and what are you both doing about the DRL's
You still did not answer the question....are they the same Kelvin??? 6k or 8k...the 6k will be more closer to white and the 8k will be more blue and may look not as bright with the blue hue they produce.

· Southeast Chapter
2004 buick rainier
5,831 Posts
same kit 6k
:undecided how about what vendor did you guys get them from; same or different; there is a member down here that actually had the same vendor for fogs/lows/highs and all are slightly a different color of 6000k; do you hapen to have a pic to help us; is one actually birghter or is it more white/blue? maybe you headlights are just aimed to low (which with HID's i don't htink you can get too low)

· Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
449 Posts
Same exact kit? I know some kits are 35w ballasts and some are 55w ballasts.

Not sure if wattage makes an appreciable difference in light, but it might...

Anyone know?

· Southeast Chapter
2004 buick rainier
5,831 Posts
Same exact kit? I know some kits are 35w ballasts and some are 55w ballasts.

Not sure if wattage makes an appreciable difference in light, but it might...

Anyone know?
i am pretty sure that wattage will make a difference with the 55w being brighter:undecided

· Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,651 Posts
I have both the 35w and 55w hid bulbs. 35w are in the low beams and 55w are in my piaa's. The 55w are defiantly brighter. I got mine from 3bspec, they said if you get 6000k you will end up with 5000k. So it will take 1000k off the color. And they are about 133% brighter.:cool:

· Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,651 Posts
I don't think any has removed it. I was thinking of doing it, but decided not to. All that piece does is help keep the beam in a tighter form instead of having light go every direction. If you decide to do it let us know if it made any difference.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.