Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i have the 8000k hid kit from 3bspec but i wanted it alittle bit more blue in the color. Was wondering if anybody had ordered the special blue custom color & if so can you post some pics to see how it looks. Thanks!:)

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where did u buy your kit from? maybe i can just buy some replacement bulbs. my 8000k kit looks more white than blue. Yours look so much bluer than mine.

·
Southeast Chapter
2004 buick rainier
5,864 Posts
wow your 8000k kit is not blue enough. i wonder if you maybe got 6000k bulbs maybe try and send a pic to hanh and see what he thinks because from what i have seen on others trucks 8000k is pretty blue. but yeah watch out for the popo when the become too blue. hope you find whatyou like:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
:iagree: x2

Maybe you got 6000k......IMO this has more of a white bluish tinge to it.....8000K is more Blue than white.......unless you asked for 6000k that is what you will get! Hahn is a nice guy.....just as long as you didn't install it...it shouldn't be a problem to exchange......

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
8000K is pretty stupid looking.. not to mention that you cant see crap at night with that color..

I still dont understand why people get blue HIDs.. it defeats the purpose of seeing better at night... plus whenever I see those things I wanna throw rocks at the headlights :duh::hissy::weird::no::hopeless

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
199 Posts
I got 8000 HIDs from HID Technologies and they are only slightly blue. They are pretty good at night too. Ive seen some dark blue ones that i personally think are stupid.

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
Well the higher k's you go the less lumens you will get...I remember my buddy got 12000 K HID bulbs on his TL....it looked nice but visibility wasn't the greatest......

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
62 Posts
8000K is pretty stupid looking.. not to mention that you cant see crap at night with that color..

I still dont understand why people get blue HIDs.. it defeats the purpose of seeing better at night... plus whenever I see those things I wanna throw rocks at the headlights :duh::hissy::weird::no::hopeless
I actually have an 8000k HID kit installed & it makes a hell of a difference at night. From a driver's perspective it's not an exaggerated blue, but you can see bluish tint. From a side view or distant view (if someone's following you) they notice alot of blue emitted from the HIDs. But still gives you good visibility over stock headlights.

I also plan on buying a 6000k for my TB soon as well.

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
I actually have an 8000k HID kit installed & it makes a hell of a difference at night. From a driver's perspective it's not an exaggerated blue, but you can see bluish tint. From a side view or distant view (if someone's following you) they notice alot of blue emitted from the HIDs. But still gives you good visibility over stock headlights.

I also plan on buying a 6000k for my TB soon as well.

I had 6000ks in my Lows and I just retrofitted some Lexus projectors in my headlights using Phillips 4300K bulbs and the output is 20 times better than the 6000k kit in the factory reflector housings.. I can see so much more at night

I just think 8000k and up is a waste of money

:m2:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts