Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So Mr. FedEx came today with my DDM Tuning HID Kit...

First Mod To Gunner! :woot: :woohoo: :woot:

6000k 55w High Beam Kit

Old Lights (Day)

Old Light Output (Day)

Ballast Location Behind Headlight Light Assembly

New Lights (Day)

New Light Output (Day)

New Lights Output (Night)

New Lights Closeup (Night)

After driving around tonight I LOVE THE NEW LIGHTS!!!

Granted they do take time to warm up but once they get going they light up everything...

During instillation I ran into one problem and called DDM Tech Support who helped inform
me that our polarity is reversed on the Trailblazer so I needed to flip the plugs 180 to
alleviate the problem.

All in all, super bright and easy to install...

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,289 Posts
Welcome to the club! You'll never go back haha

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
oh yeah... i have to now because the color of the lows are very disappointing and also when i turn off the highs
the road seems like it goes black due to the difference...

@ blckshdw - you have drl killer or enabler? (trying to figure out what i want)

·
Banned
2005 chevy
6,469 Posts
I have a DRL killer (modifier), and a pair of relays (low beams and fogs). Got all of them from Jetttstream. The instructions are on his website, and very easy to follow. Just need to have a deep socket to get the 2nd row seat completely out.

I put a relay on my fogs so I could use the spare low beam connector to make them quads since I always turn my fogs on when the low beams are on anyway. :cool:

·
Registered
2006 gmc
1,518 Posts
Looks good.......what did they run ya? Why would you do the highs first? With HIDs' in lows and fogs...I rarely even use my high beams ;)

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@ blckshdw - do you need the relays cause im most likely to just do the lows...

@ Black04 SLT - they were $60.64 shipped to my door... I went with the high beams first because I wanted a plug'n'play for my first mod... didn't want to mess with the DRLs or relays yet.

·
Banned
2005 chevy
6,469 Posts
@ blckshdw - do you need the relays cause im most likely to just do the lows...
Some people have gotten away with not using relays on their lows, but it's highly recommended to make sure your ballasts get a constant 12V, otherwise you run the risk of burning them out.

If you do the capacitor mod instead of the DRL killer, then you should get a full 12V during your DRLs as well as auto lights. All comes down to your personal preference and how you want it to look/function.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks much! now i just need to find some extra $$

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
255 Posts
DDM tuning has the DRL killer for our trucks, only 10 each. i work about 5 minutes from them...awesome shop, great people!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
my only problem with them is that it took three weeks to get my lights :(

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah they say "processing" takes 7-10 business days... then they ship out and i'm on the opposite side of the country

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
230 Posts
I love mine. I used the DRL Mod. so I keep DRLs and works great with my hids, I bought the relay but it came 2 days after I put the DRL mod in with the hids and I havent had a problem since so its in my tool box still

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
432 Posts
thanks much! now i just need to find some extra $$
The capacitor mod is by far the cheapest solution. My capacitor cost me less than a dollar and the wire splicer was in a pack that was a little over a buck. You should also get a ring terminal to go onto that mounting piece where it grounds. Check out my thread and you should be able to figure it all out.

Welcome to the world of HIDs! Now you're gonna hate all incandescent bulbs and put LEDs everywhere. At least that's what happened to me... :D

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yeah its all over... i have been buying "daylight" bulbs for my house for a while now and my tuck is starting to match! my pocket is getting lighter :bonk:

@ bigapple - the capacitor mod works as DRL enabler right? So when used with a relay it should work the best?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts