Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I was reading other post, I am going to do the HID install on my Envoy, I am going to retrofit them with an auto level, here the link to where I am getting the system from,

http://www.arz-tuning.de/shop/produ...Headlight-Leveling-System--Retrofit-Kit-.html

I plan on getting an extra set of head lights from ebay, for the project,

and I am getting the lights and projectors from

http://store.theretrofitsource.com/...d=116&osCsid=10f2dfa2f985f0cd36237fa05bd4b602

When I have them finished I will post pics, as well as the progress, I love the Idea of auto leveling, the system is about 300.00 usd,

Jim :crazy:

·
Western Canada Chapter
6,411 Posts
The auto leveling is very classy :thumbsup: Looking forward to seeing the set-up and be sure to take pics of the process! :D

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
449 Posts
pardon my ignorance, but what in the hell is an auto-leveling system for
headlights? :undecided

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
3,329 Posts
pardon my ignorance, but what in the hell is an auto-leveling system for
headlights? :undecided
Self-leveling Systems and Future Headlight Technology
Most adaptive headlights systems also include a self-leveling system. Self-leveling headlights have an additional level sensor that determines if the car is tilted forward or back. For example, if a car is driving over a large bump, when the front of the car hits the bump, it lifts up. Standard headlights would briefly point up into the sky until the rear of the car moved over the bump and the car returned to a level position. You may have noticed this if a car driving behind you at night passed over a bump, such as a railroad crossing. The other car's headlights would flash briefly, as if the driver had blinked his or her high beams at you. This is actually the car's headlights temporarily pointing up and into your eyes instead of down at the road. With a self-leveling system, electric servomotors react to the level sensor and keep the headlights aimed down at the road, no matter the position of the car.
Self-leveling headlights are already required on new cars in Europe, and they're required on all U.S. cars equipped with bi-xenon headlights. Bi-xenon lights are so bright that they would blind other drivers if they didn't level themselves.
EDIT: My fiance's Audi has this feature... ITS HAWT!!!! Pretty cool when you first turn on the lights, they do a little dance up and down and left to right as they adjust! LOL

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
449 Posts
ohhhhh.. that is hawt...

might have to look into those later in the year...

Thanks for the info...

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Auto Level

yep I have seen them on other cars also, While doing research about my retrofit I came across it, like the idea of not messing around with them let the servos do the work seeing they have a kit thats not to costly from Hella I figured I would do, I have also seen on others cars thats why I am looking forward to do this retro fit,

Jim

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
127 Posts
Is this the same technology Ive seen on newer cars where it sensors which direction you a turning, and the headlight angle themselves so you can see around the coming turn?
I want THAT!

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xuv
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just Levels.....

This would not be adaptive head lights just would level them,

Jim

1 - 10 of 10 Posts