Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Almost died on the freeway at about 100 mph last night....

I was flying to Cape Cod, my baby was sick....
a friend of my girls ditched my girl and the babe @ the mall @ 10 pm....freezing out side....,.I was pissed flew out 100+ miles.....Cant leave them out.....No cabs would accept credit payments over the phone...
now to the story

So some arse hole, threw some metallic object out his truck, I swerved to avoid it,hit my under-carriage, posted me up on 2 wheels, corrected it, slammed back on all 4's, almost did a cart-wheel,stalled the engine, my front pass cv, snapped in about 12 pieces.....I managed to get it off the road and slid into the median.....
Front axle failure...Front diff appears to junk.....will know upon furthur inspection,.,,,Ran out of time today, tow took forever,had to call in a favor from a buddy who owns a rig, went and got a slew of parts from the dealer,brought the parts to the machine shop, had the axles refabbed strengthened/cryo'd etc...

Now, I am wondering if my front diff is junk......

What would I need to do the selectable 4wd swap I spoke of?..... 4wd t-case, 4wd front diff. with axle disconnect, the conrol module/harness under the dash steering wheel area...........What else???..

Already to purchase a speartech custom
4l60 to 6l90 conversion harness......
Trying to locate a 6l90e, tranny n transfer case from an 07+ Escalade....Missed out on one f/s here by 1 day..doh

My question is how can I use the Escalade heavy-duty case....I know Trav with the turbo 4.2 tb did....

Yes, I have the resources and time $$$$......

I know I'm crazy as THe Roadie says...We all know that....:crazy:

Mods 4x4 guys please chime in....

:tiphat to you all.....

·
Registered
133 Posts
Thanx Roadie...The girls are ok.....I was able to get them a ride.....

Her friend got blasted in the chin, by yours truly....*******....:mad:

anybody have any suggestions with the Escallade 6l90e and hd t-case?.....

Not to worried about wiring....per-say....I can get a tranny wiring harness made custom.....Just dont know if the tranny/t case will " bolt-in "......
I know that the 6l80/90e is shorter than the 4l60/80e......

But if the escalades had used a 4l60/80e.....then the new 6l90e shouldnt be too difficult....

Saw a few 6l80/90e swaps on ls1tech.com .....

But havent been able to get to much info.....Waiting for responses,,,,,,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts