Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to purchase HID conversion kits for all lights (high/low & fog). I am looking the jetttstream set. For the low beams I know I need the drl module and relay harness. What do I need for the high beams and fog lamps? Also, the higher the number (ex 15,000K) does it give you more light or is just the color. I want the brightest light possible. The color does not bother me. Thanks.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_denali
9,380 Posts
Brightest light will be 4200, then 5000. Higher number bluer light and less brightness. Many find that no need for hi beam hids, as the low beam does it all. Also, will be a delay (warm up) when switching from low to hi hids.

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
drl's only run at 7.5volts....would kill your HID's......reason for the drl killer is to turn the drl's off.......I have this setup....its off in the daytime and automatically turns on when it gets dark.......also extends the life of the HID's.....

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
Daytime running lights run at 7.5volts.......night time lights run at 12V....at 7.5volts that is not enough power to run the hids and will shorten the lifespan of the bulbs or even the ballast.....unless you continuously run the hids (manually turn on night time lights)even in the daytime......with the drl killer(relay) it bypasses the daytime lights and reduce stress on the ballast/bulb.....just imagine if you did not have the drls.....you would have to constantly turn on your lights at all times just to get the hid's working......also with the drl killer it extends the life of the bulb or ballast...I have had my hids for the last 2 years and no problems......I have changed bulbs within the last year since I did the retrofit on my headlights....changed from the 9006(6000k) to the d2s(8000k)......

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,339 Posts
Yes, jetttstream has a module that allows your HID's to operate just as the factory lights did (supplies full 12V to DRL's).
The way I understand it is - the module gets a signal from the factory drl's and the relay then sends 12V to the ballasts. He has the info on his website.

·
JeTTTstream Automotive Technologies
2007 chevy
642 Posts
I am getting ready to purchase HID conversion kits for all lights (high/low & fog). I am looking the jetttstream set. For the low beams I know I need the drl module and relay harness. What do I need for the high beams and fog lamps? Also, the higher the number (ex 15,000K) does it give you more light or is just the color. I want the brightest light possible. The color does not bother me. Thanks.
Hello,
And thanks for the interest. The brightest light will w/o a doubt be 4300K, 5000K would be the next up with a slight hint of blue.

I want to keep my drls functional so I know I need the module. Do I need anything for the fog lamps?
No, if you have a TV then you need the 880 lamps (shorter version) there are a few 880s out there that are too long. I provide the shorter version (talking millimeters here).

Then what is the purpose of the DRL module that is being sold.
I sell the DRL module that takes in the DRL signal and outputs a clean 14v signal to the relay. The relay doesn't pulse with the DRL signal b/c it's been cleaned up by the module.

So---essentially the car works as stock with a DRL module and Daylight running lamps.

Thanks,
-Mike

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the help. I was looking at the diagram and I think I have it now. One connector is blocked off and the other is used to give a signal to the relay to turn the relay on but the actual power is from the battery. Is this correct?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.