2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

This is my first post.

Does anyone know how to wire the headlights so that:

A) You can use the hi-beams as DRL's while
B) Using the automatic feature for the lo-beam HID's to come on at night and
C) still use the flash to pass where the HID's turn off & hi-beams flash?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
705 Posts
Well, before the regulars go nuts, go into your profile and fill out what kind of truck you have so we know what we're talking about, but what you may want to consider is either a DRL module or modifier from jetttstream. He's a vendor on here, great service and products. The DRL on your truck run the low beams at partial power instead of full, HIDs don't handle that well. The DRL module enables the DRL to run on full power to save the HID bulbs. The DRL modifier disables the DRL alltogether, while giving you the option of keeping the auto lamps and also giving you the option of running quad beams, when you turn on the highs the lows will stay on as well. You can get everything you need from jetttstream at a pretty reasonable price. Good luck and welcome to the community

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the heads up about the profile. Just fixed it. I do want the DRL, just not the HID's on all the time. Hope someonecan help. I've never seen it done the way I want to. Just trying to be unique!

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
705 Posts
Does sound unique, sounds like it would take some fairly custom work, but theres some folks on here that have been here alot longer than me so we'll see if they have any ideas. Good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts