Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

HID Burnout

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  PureBlue0229 
#1 ·
About 10 months ago I installed HID low beam headlights on my '04 Trailblazer. All was well and good until tonight (of course I'm taking the car away for vacation TOMORROW!!) when both low beam lights went out. They didn't blow out when driving meaning they both blew as soon as they were powered on as I never saw them blow. I didn't think it was the fuse because they are on seperate fuses. I tried them anyway and it's not the fuses.I think I would have noticed if one blew out earlier (and the other just blew) but I can't be sure. Anyone have any idea's or experiences similar or better yet, a known fix? Thanks for your input.

#2 ·
my understanding is that the relay takes the one that is getting power from the truck and powers the other, so if there is a problem with one, the other will die as well. do you run with drls? do you ever have to manually kill them during the day because one or the other powers up on its own?

#6 ·
you have to remove your middle seat? how do you have everything hooked up; the relay should be hooked to power under the hood; either the battery or the post infront of the fuse box? mine has a fuse near where it attaches to the post for power on the red wire:undecided

edit; oh you are reffering to your DRL killer; no i am talking about a relay powering your ballists; are you using a relay harness there?

#8 ·
I don't know how you've wired your HID's. However with regular headlights there are separate fuses for each side and one relay (#46) that covers both headlights. Try swapping #46 and #45 (fan relay). If the lights work you just need a new relay.:m2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.