Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i plan on installing HIDs (just the bulbs) on my trailblazer and i was wonderin where is the best place to get them and what brand is better?? :undecided

·
Registered
2007 chevy
130 Posts
HID is only High Intensity Discharge when you have ballasts, plug-in wiring and special bulbs that go with them. All others are not really HID. You can get a set for as little as $54 on ebay and that includes shipping. If you are just doing bulbs its not going to be much better than stock halogens, just a diffferent color bulb. HID uses a ballast to change 12 volts into a much higher voltage but using less watts (35 vs 55) to increase light output. Hope this helps you out.
Kev

so i plan on installing HIDs (just the bulbs) on my trailblazer and i was wonderin where is the best place to get them and what brand is better?? :undecided

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,113 Posts
HID bulbs take 9v to run however take 23,000v to charge up...hense the need for the bulb ballast...

its pointless to just buy the bulb without the ballast...wats yur goal wat are you trying to achieve by doing this? :undecided

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
223 Posts
...wats yur goal wat are you trying to achieve by doing this?

To have a one of a kind mod!...hahahaha:crazy:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts