Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
2,461 Posts
I ordered these:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TRAI...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Wondering if their sales pitch about "no wiring modifications needed" is going to fry my headlights. Has anyone else replaced their stock bulb with a 55 watt 5000k bulb? (Without changing anything else?)
No, those aren't true HIDs. So no, there will not be any modification needed to your wiring. Stock wattage is 51w (typically it is 55w:crazy:), so 55w won't hurt, at least it hasn't in mine. I have been running the euro dezigns HIDs bulbs that are 55w for a good year or better now with no issues, other then them just not lasting all that long.

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
You get what you pay for...they ain't worth it....... if sending my way shipping cost more than the bulbs........

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, so the general concensus seems to be that these are HID wanna-be's and they not dangerous, but they are crap.

That's what I get for trying to be lazy.

·
Registered
2007 chevy
130 Posts
Those bulbs are a joke!:rotfl:You'd have been better off buying Silverstars. HID is High Intensity Discharge not some cheezy replacement bulbs with a color coating. HID requires a ballast which turns 9-14 volts into super high voltage which is why HID seems brighter. A few years ago, maybe 10, you couldn't touch them for much less than $1000. Now they are as cheap as $60 so why spend $20 on bulbs that will not last and aren't much better than stock in birghtness???:duh::bonk::undecided:nono:

I ordered these:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TRAI...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Wondering if their sales pitch about "no wiring modifications needed" is going to fry my headlights. Has anyone else replaced their stock bulb with a 55 watt 5000k bulb? (Without changing anything else?)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts