Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon everyone !

I write through Google translator
I live in a small republic in Russia. In December 2019, I became the owner of the Chevrolet Trailblazer. In our republic, your cars have become popular now, in a couple of months, 30 Trailblazers have already been brought to us. We are talking about 2002-2009. And besides you, no one can better understand these cars. I want to learn English to better understand you and become an active participant in this forum. Mostly our cars can be found on the "Drive2" website.

Tell me how to write to me, and in what topic is the question of the brake system, because the first flaw that I found in the car is its weak brakes since I am a lover of mountain travel, it is extremely important to me!

I won my car at a Japanese auction, and earlier it was brought from the USA, so I am the owner of a real American car. Your cars are very brutal!
EXT LT 4.2 Vortec AWD
All photos are in chronological order.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Weak brakes has never been a situation with vehicles like yours. I suggest you confirm that full vacuum is available to the power brake booster first.

You may have a failed master cylinder (BRAKE light on dash should be lit)... and you might only be using the rear brakes.

That happens and since the rear brakes typically only supply approx 30% of the braking effect, this might be your problem.

формальное прощание

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[Цитата= " Ravalli Surfer, должность: 1609675, участник: 377580"]
Слабые тормоза никогда не были ситуацией с транспортными средствами, как у вас. Я предлагаю вам сначала подтвердить, что полный вакуум доступен для усилителя мощности тормоза.

Возможно, у вас вышел из строя главный цилиндр (стоп-сигнал на приборной панели должен гореть)... и вы можете использовать только задние тормоза.

Это происходит, и поскольку задние тормоза обычно обеспечивают только около 30% тормозного эффекта, это может быть вашей проблемой.

формальное прощание
[/ЦИТАТА]
Ravalli Surfer спасибо за ответ, но у меня нет ошибки на тормозах. В России все жалуются на тормоза у Trailblazer. Все продукты расположены в США, я нашел сайт Carid, где есть очень большой выбор тормозных систем, но есть вероятность, что я не смогу получить диаметр диска, суппорта или колодки. Какие элементы тормозной системы я должен измерить перед покупкой? и есть ли способ установить тормоза с другой иномарки, или с того же Chevrolet Tahoe?
[

·
Registered
555 Posts
Wow! I own a 2005 EXT and I tow a small logging trailer with over 6000 lbs payload.

I can totally say that the vehicle brakes are completely sufficient in stopping both the vehicle and the trailer..... just the vehicle brakes, mind you.... downhill.

I tend to not like using the trailer brakes on ice and snow.

How can a vehicle that has such powerful brakes in the US, not have at least decent brakes somewhere else?

I tend to think there's some other dynamic here that

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow! I own a 2005 EXT and I tow a small logging trailer with over 6000 lbs payload.

I can totally say that the vehicle brakes are completely sufficient in stopping both the vehicle and the trailer..... just the vehicle brakes, mind you.... downhill.

I tend to not like using the trailer brakes on ice and snow.

How can a vehicle that has such powerful brakes in the US, not have at least decent brakes somewhere else?

I tend to think there's some other dynamic here that
we often have snow in the mountains yes, on a dry surface it will probably stop better, but I did not like the snow

·
Registered
555 Posts
I have snow right now.... I can say that no vehicle needs stronger brakes in such conditions. What is missing is traction and that is not a situation where different calipers would work better.

Does your vehicle have ABS? If you have decent tires and/or tire studs... you've got about as much as is physically possible to stop your vehicle.

I do not have any better advice for you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
It must feel great to have a nice vehicle up there! Share some pics of your adventures when you can.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Ваша фотография говорит мне, что у вас есть версия EXT. Этот автомобиль имеет 4 колесных дисковых тормоза.

Я еще раз скажу, что у этого автомобиля очень мощные тормоза.

Я не могу понять ваше желание улучшить то, что я не считаю проблемой.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts