Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt_xl
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, first post here!
I'm in the market for a new 05 Trailblazer or Envoy V8. My wife has twins on the way and we allready have 2 kids so need the third row seats (!) and have narrowed our search down to these two vehicles. Test drove some of the Toyotas (too expensive) and the Durango Hemi, but dollar for dollar liked the GM product better.
My main question is about pricing, as I've seen as much as $10K off sticker advertised for some of the other GM trucks (Avalanche). How about the Envoy/TB? What should I expect to pay for say, an Envoy with $37K MSRP?

My second question is about the suspension setup between the two. Is the TB slightly stiffer, or was it just my imagination?

Many thanks in advance!

Taff.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
3,219 Posts
If price is an issue you may be able to get a left over 04 pretty cheap. I was looking for leftovers when i bought my car, but they didn't have any with the options i wanted, and i couldn't wait a week for them to get it from another dealer. The sticker price on my TB was 36K. I ended up paying 28 for it.

·
Banned
1,590 Posts
Really it depends on your area; in some places the TB and Envoys end up just sitting on the lot, in others they can't keep 'em in stock. I would look at how many trucks the dealer has in stock and what configurations they're in. If you see a bunch of '04s left over, or a heavy saturation of the lower trim level trucks, chances are that dealer will give you a better deal than one with very few trucks in stock where most are uplevel '05s.

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Ok, this was back in Aug of 2003 but I bought my 03 EXT LT 4x4 with a V-8 for $32k, $8k off the MSRP. These vehicles don't sell as well because gas prices are high but then they'll drive some older sedan that gets less mileage.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt_xl
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you. I'll do a search and see if I can find any 04's still on dealer lots.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_denali
9,380 Posts
Taff67 said:
Hi, first post here!
I'm in the market for a new 05 Trailblazer or Envoy V8. My wife has twins on the way and we allready have 2 kids so need the third row seats (!) and have narrowed our search down to these two vehicles. Test drove some of the Toyotas (too expensive) and the Durango Hemi, but dollar for dollar liked the GM product better.
My main question is about pricing, as I've seen as much as $10K off sticker advertised for some of the other GM trucks (Avalanche). How about the Envoy/TB? What should I expect to pay for say, an Envoy with $37K MSRP?

My second question is about the suspension setup between the two. Is the TB slightly stiffer, or was it just my imagination?

Many thanks in advance!

Taff.
Good luck on your search. You might find an '04 leftover somewhere, but do be aware that if you buy it once you drive out the door it will take a huge hit in depriciation. Also, they redesigned the seats for more comfort in the '05's. Some of the '05's with the V-8 have the displacement on demand for better fuel economy.
With regard to suspension, you will probably find that if you drive an Envoy with the ECAS (electronic controlled air suspension) that it will in fact ride a little softer, and the back end will be more level with the front.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt_xl
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks. Still searching for the best deal...I've read that 20% off sticker plus the incentives is possible, so we'll see ;)

Looked up the specs on the Envoy I test drove the other day and yes, it did in fact have the load leveling suspension, so did not handle quite as good as the Trailblazer I drove shortly afterward.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt_xl
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I took the plunge this week and traded in my toy...2004 Mazdaspeed Miata on an 05 Envoy EXT V8. It's Carbon metalic with gray leather, pretty much loaded. Very nice smooth ride, but have to get some bigger swaybars for sure! As you can imagine, coming from a lowered MX-5, it's a little different in the handling department :eek:

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_denali
9,380 Posts
Taff67 said:
Well I took the plunge this week and traded in my toy...2004 Mazdaspeed Miata on an 05 Envoy EXT V8. It's Carbon metalic with gray leather, pretty much loaded. Very nice smooth ride, but have to get some bigger swaybars for sure! As you can imagine, coming from a lowered MX-5, it's a little different in the handling department :eek:
Congratulations on your new Envoy EXT. The Carbon Metallic is a great color. Yeah, they don't exactly handle like a sports car. :)

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Taff67 said:
Welcome to TBE world. Handling will be different considering you arelooking at a ton of more weight and about 1 foot taller than a Miata.

Take the Trailblazer off-road and you will love its handling. Also when towing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts