Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 gmc other
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking to buy a car and found a 2004 envoy xlt with 112k for $10,900.
Don't have much knowlage about these cars and there doesn't seem to be a lot out there about them. I really need some tips here! I need to make my decision over the weekend.

V8 2wd all power.

Thanks much, looking forward to being part of the community if things work out.
Arthur

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt_xl
18 Posts
With the V8, its probably OK. I like my 2005 except the straight 6 is nickel and diming me. i jsut put a new head on it. I love the rest of the vehicle, are you ok with big vehicle gas mileage? My computer says I get 14.5 mpg average. It actually sounds a bit high.

·
Registered
2004 gmc other
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used to drive a van so I think im ok with the gas mileage. As for the head, someone else also mentioned something about the head on this car. Is that a common issue?
Any warning signs of such an issue? What can I expect it to cost?
Thanks for the help.
Arthur

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt_xl
18 Posts
I don't have personal experience with the V8 but my straight 6 is junk. Some people swear by them but the one I got is a turd. I just changed the water temperature sensor because it had a code and the temp never reached proper temp. I aslo cleaned the throttle body. Now my engine revs at different speeds, it drives like cruise control is on all the time making braking difficult. I also have a ticking sound I didn't have before and the temp guage doesn't move. Frustrated.

Oh, and by the way, I have other posts and nobody is answering my requests for help, people are reading, but this forum isn't much for getting questions answered. Unless you need to know what the button in the middle of the steering wheel does, you'll get a hundred responses. Beep Beep

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
14 Posts
I used to drive a van so I think im ok with the gas mileage. As for the head, someone else also mentioned something about the head on this car. Is that a common issue?
Any warning signs of such an issue? What can I expect it to cost?
Thanks for the help.
Arthur
the 5.3 is a good motor. had one in the silverado and only issue i had was the dual alt setup eating belts :hissy: sounds like a pretty good price as that is what they were going for when i was looking for my tb last year

1 - 5 of 5 Posts