Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, just introducing myself. My name is David, I am 20 years old and live in Rockville, Maryland. I will be a senior at WVU this coming fall, and I can't wait to graduate.

I do not have a Trailblazer yet, but I am pretty sure I am going to buy one within the next couple weeks. I have a 1999 Pontiac Grand Am SE found here. I also just purchased a 2002 Dodge Dakota Sport 4x4 about a month and a half ago. Although I love the Dakota, I think I'm trading it for a Trailblazer (if i can find one) because I'm already kind of sick of driving a manual. Besides, I'm looking for more room. Also, I'm pretty loyal to GM.

The trailblazer has been my favorite SUV ever since it came out. I love the looks, and it makes more power than many V8's.

Anyways, would you suggest I look into getting one of these? Are they good vehicles with minimal problems? ANY advice will help.

Thanks,
David

·
Premium Member
2008 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
3,019 Posts
Not sure how much you are looking to spend, but check your local dealerships for leftover 04's first, then you can try carmax.com. They have a location near you. You can pick up a low mileage (Under 25,000 miles) Trailblazer for between $17k - $20K. Ebay is also a good place too, some dealerships have online sale departments now and you can save lots of cash buying it that way.

Every vehicle has its fair share to issues, but IMHO I think the 02's had more issues especially because it was the first year for the TB. :m2:

Welcome to the site,

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
477 Posts
I side with Tommy. If looking used, '04 is a good year where alot of the "bugs" were worked out. Reasonably priced, low model examples can be found. If you go withan extended chassis, you may hear alot of people suggesting a V-8...I have an '04 extended w/an I-6 and if I did it again there would be nothing else in the engine bay but a V-8. I've heard that the I-6 does well in the standard wheel-based vehicles. The '03 model is also a good candidate...you'll probably find them with higher miles. The '02 (first year model) has some issues..one having to do with internal engine failures (cylinder sleeve/liner failure). GM does have a special policy out on certain vehicle with this concern and has increased the engine warranty should a cylinder sleeve/liner failure occur. GM seemed to alleviate some of the issues with each new year model. If you have someone else do your vehicle repairs, your not a gambling person and choose a vehicle with miles, you may consider purchasing the vehicle at a dealership and purchase a GMPP Majorguard extended warranty. Extended warranties cost money, but can be a savior in the event of a costly repair(s). Good luck with your purchase...I'm sure others on this site can bring you some good information.

·
Registered
2004 chevy
1,036 Posts
Welcome to the site, I just bought mine from Waldorf Maryland (Waldorf Ford) dealer. It is an 03 with 24k miles on it for under $20k. There are some around this area of Southern MD. Autotrader is a great website to use.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone. Right now, Im basically trying to find something for $16,500 or under. So most of the ones I'm finding at carmax and autotrader are 02 and 03 LS's with around 50K miles. I'm hoping I'll be OK if I go with one of the older years.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_denali
9,380 Posts
Business is so competitive in my area that dealers often advertise a new '05 TB for 20K or a little less. Granted it is a 4X2, but new with warranty and longer payment terms and lower interest rate.
As 04tbext said be cautious of the '02's for the reasons he stated. Also some of the LS are fleet or daily rental cars and have had a lot of drivers. Get an extended warranty from GM, the aftermarket warranties look for all kind of ways to get out of paying claims. :m2:

·
Banned
1,590 Posts
Envoy Fan said:
Business is so competitive in my area that dealers often advertise a new '05 TB for 20K or a little less. Granted it is a 4X2, but new with warranty and longer payment terms and lower interest rate.
As 04tbext said be cautious of the '02's for the reasons he stated. Also some of the LS are fleet or daily rental cars and have had a lot of drivers. Get an extended warranty from GM, the aftermarket warranties look for all kind of ways to get out of paying claims. :m2:
Yup, the LS are prone to being rentals, and as I found out today some Envoy SLEs are too. I saw an enterprise rental place sticker on the back of a 'voy while heading out to work. :(

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replys everyone.

On a side note, anybody know why I'm not being notified of replys in this thread? I went to my User CP and clicked "Instant email notification"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts