Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_denali
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I bought my wife a sweet 06 Envoy denali with the 5.3L motor and all the bells and whistles. I love it, its perfect.

Here is just a quick question. It has 94000 miles and we bought it from a reputable dealer in town. What should be my list of check offs to make sure i have done on it maintenance-wise. Also what sortof things should I be prepared to work on over the next year.

Last part,
the "service stabilitrac" light and message appears about every 10 times we start the SUV. I read in the manual to turn it off and back on to reset, which we do and it goes away. I know that its not supposed to be coming on that often though, so...what do I do? Let it ride? I like to do my own work when possible, but i dont know anything about this system.

Cheers! and any comments welcome.:thx

Dustin

·
Banned
1,354 Posts
Since your so close to 100k, I would service the transfer case, Transmission, front and rear diffs, coolant flush, brake fluid flush.

·
Banned
chevy
12,260 Posts
Since your so close to 100k, I would service the transfer case, Transmission, front and rear diffs, coolant flush, brake fluid flush.
Plugs, wires, air filter, treat the leather, lower and inspect the spare, and inspect the cable that lowers the spare.

Don't know what to tell you about the stabilitrac. You may need to take it back to the dealer and let them see if it has a code stored.

Welcome.:cool:

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_denali
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok. and any of that that I can do? on my own? i have alot of tools, but i dont have an air compressor or a lift.

just wondering.

now wires, plugs, air filter, and treating the leather is easy.

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
Search around. The light is a common thing and doesnt hurt anything, but is annoying.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt
566 Posts
"read the owners manual" everything that you need for maintenance is in there....make sure all the fluids are changed....esp the transfer case, differentials and transmission...., search....."100K MAINTENANCE" and you'll find everything you need.....enjoy.....hopefully you have the ability to do these things yourself....tis fun.....

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
You don't need a lift or air tools. A good set of ramps or a jack and jack stands would be helpful. :m2:

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
2,063 Posts
ok. and any of that that I can do? on my own? i have alot of tools, but i dont have an air compressor or a lift.

just wondering.

now wires, plugs, air filter, and treating the leather is easy.
You can do all of that on your own...or get a friend to help. As mentioned, get a manual, Haynes or Chilton, ramp or jack and jack stands. Plus search this site for tips and tricks on doing them all. (Like, remove the filler plug in the diff BEFORE removing the drain plug)

Matt

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_denali
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got the Jack and jack stands, no problem on working on my own. I do all servicing to my audi and it aint no joke. (timing belt, axles, intake mods,regular maintanance, waterpump, ect.)

Thanks for the help guys! I will look into a good manual, any other ideas about the stabilitrac issue?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts