Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped by the dealer earlier tonight on way to work. My buddy work there (guys I just bought my 08 from) and we had to get me a $32 center console latch thing...mine came broken.

Anyways, on way out he showed me an ss they just got traded in last week. Its gray (I think....maybe white?), 09 w/ 10,000 miles on it. I know they are like $30,000 k into it, so its not cheap...but an 09 that's still pretty much new is cheaper than one off dealer floor. At 10000 miles, the motor isn't even broken in yet =)

I know I'm a new guy here, but this ain't a spam post. Just figured id share in here cause I saw a thread or two about someone wanting/looking for one in here.

But yea, its at the chevy dealership on irving and central in northwest chicago. You can PM me if you'd like, or just stop by. Won't drop my buddys name, but if you wanna know, PM me. Like I said, you're not gonna get it dirt cheap or anything cause I know they're around 30000 into it...but whatever...that has to be cheaper than what an 09 costed new for sure (which I don't even know for sure).

Cheers guys.

·
Banned
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
2,006 Posts
'09 with 10k on the clock..gonna be real hard talkin the dealer down..especially if its the 3SS package and AWD...brand new a 3SS was around the 38k price range..and here in OH the cheapest SS' are around 23k with over 50k miles on them

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It'll be hard to talk them down for sure. I mean, if they gave it to you for 30k, they would be making nothing...so I imagine you can probably get it for 32000 at best...which bis probably a good deal.

I have no idea if its the 3ss model u speak of...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just texted my friend - and he has confirmed it is a 3SS.

like i said, they're about $30k into it he said. if you have a worthwhile trade, you could probably get damn close to that number...(if that's even a good number for this vehicle...i'm assuming it is, because a vehicle is 10k is literally as good as new. i didn't ask why it was traded in, but i'm assuming for gas mileage reason. i'm just realizing now that my 4.2 (?) is a gas guzzler...lol...can't imagine the SS models...geez.

·
Banned
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
2,006 Posts
You'd be surprised about gas mileage... depending on how you get on it.. I get 13/14 city and 16-18 highway mileage in my SS.. the I6's get about 16/17 city & 18/21 highway I do believe..so not that far off

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you're right. i am quite surprised.

my tb is getting like 12mpg. right now i've got just under a 1/4 tank...and only 167 miles on the last fillup...wtf...

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
You'd be surprised about gas mileage... depending on how you get on it.. I get 13/14 city and 16-18 highway mileage in my SS.. the I6's get about 16/17 city & 18/21 highway I do believe..so not that far off
Ha I wish, Im getting about 11 in town and 15.5 on the highway (75). But I do a lot of short trips around campus so it never warms up fully.

My I6 is getting about 15-16 city and 19-20hwy with 3.73s.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know this is the complete wrong subforum...but since it came up...wtf are the stock gears is a I6 lt? Not looking to regear as I am pretty happy with the ratio...also don't wanna change both...(don't think so anyways)...

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
I know this is the complete wrong subforum...but since it came up...wtf are the stock gears is a I6 lt? Not looking to regear as I am pretty happy with the ratio...also don't wanna change both...(don't think so anyways)...
Well the "stock" gears are either 3.42 (GU6), 3.73 (GT4), or 4.10 (GT5). Check your glovebox for the RPO codes I listed. Plus G80 is the locking rear.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well the "stock" gears are either 3.42 (GU6), 3.73 (GT4), or 4.10 (GT5). Check your glovebox for the RPO codes I listed. Plus G80 is the locking rear.
man, i have a lot to learn about my new vehicle before i start playing with it (and need to make more money too)

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
3 Posts
Moving on price

Thanks for the heads up...just my thoughts on the price...depending on how long that car has been sitting on the lot...the dealer may even go less than 30k rather than gamble at the auction.

They WILL try and sell you other things to make-up for the loss on the truck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts