Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
7 Posts
Same Problem

Any update on whether the cam sensor was the problem? I'm having the same issue, stalling and rough idle at stop lights, no check engine light or codes. I had read in a different forum that someone with this problem found out that their O2 sensor was sending information too slowly, it didn't send a code or trigger the check engine light, but ended up being the culprit.

Has anyone looked into it and if so what was the result?

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
2 Posts
I would hope you were running on 6 cylinders, your profile states thats what you drive
Yes... my mistake... I have a 6 cylinder! haha!

Anyways... Trailblazer runs like a champ now. Better fuel economy also. I dont know if the exact from the was the cam shaft positioning sensor or the crank shaft one or the throttle body being cleaned. But, that combo did it for me. Parts were very cheap and only took a couple hours in my garage with normal tools.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,203 Posts
I used to have a stumble and near stall back when the truck was new, when I complained, the dealer offered there was PCM update that fixed a cold surge/stumble condition. I'd been in there 3-4 times for various things and they never bother to mention it or do it! The '02 models can suffer from a surge/stumble when first started. Mine would last maybe the first block or two, when you'd attempt to apply throttle to pull from a stop. Much below 30 or over 70, problem was really non-existant or at least a non-issue. If that sounds like your issue, it could very well be you need that update.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts