Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, I'm at RockAuto, cart loaded up with ball joints, end links and a fuel filter... Final total 326.94... Why am I afraid to checkout?

I'm hoping to get the parts in and have a trusted mechanic put them in... Anyone have an idea of what labor might cost for 4 balljoints and 4 end links?

I've searched and searched and I can't find a single undisputed solution to sway bar bushings. Poly or OEM rubber? What sway bar diameter? What brand and/or vendor?

* I have no specific needs, just want to replace the worn OEM stuff with slightly better quality parts. The balljoints and end links I chose are Moog.

Thanks

· Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
8,149 Posts
IMHO poly is better than rubber. There were, IIRC, three different sizes of sway bars. Your best bet is go under and measure. Lastly there is, I think, a 5% discount code available but I don't remember if it is for Rockauto or Parts4Chevys.

· Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IMHO poly is better than rubber. There were, IIRC, three different sizes of sway bars. Your best bet is go under and measure. Lastly there is, I think, a 5% discount code available but I don't remember if it is for Rockauto or Parts4Chevys.
Yep, I got the 5% off at RockAuto from the thread on here by Bill. Well the diameters for the diff bars are 1.72" and 1.8", hard to do without a caliper or something... I could get circumference and divide by pi, but it wouldn't be exact...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.